1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

detailed wiring schematic? pinouts?

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by NyQuil, May 2, 2017.

1. NyQuil

NyQuil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    (reposted as I'm not sure which forum it goes in)

He all, I recently got the prius c 2016, loving it, but I'm ready to add some things to it. I also like to use as much of the existing wiring as I can. I'm currently looking to add a secondary horn that requires about 20A. Looking through the fuse box in the cabin, I noted that there is a 25A fuse for the moon roof. However, my model doesn't have a moon roof, so essentially this circuit is free and I would like to use it. My only problem is I don't know which wire (or pin) coming from the fuse box will link me to it (or even if there is something else on said circuit).

I've done quiet a bit of digging but i have yet to find a detailed wiring schematic for this car, any help?

Worst case, is there an easy way to find the pin? I assume I could use a continuity tester to find it, but I'd rather get the info from the schematic.

cheers!

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    techinfo.toyota.com is your friend for stuff like that. The wiring diagram browser is pretty cool, you can do things like click to highlight a particular circuit, then click the orange Info icon down in the right corner and get taken to the connector details, showing where each connector is located in the car, its shape, color, part number, pin numbers and positions, with the pins used by the circuit circled in red.

-Chap

3. NyQuil

NyQuil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That's what I'm hearing but the pay wall is making me hesitate...Can i download them from that site once I'm in?

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It seems plenty of people have done 'print to file' of parts they want to keep handy, thereby ending up with a static pdf without working links or any of the interactive features. To download the stuff in any form that still works as well as being signed in would be quite a project though. (But then, for a long time, people used manuals and diagrams on dead trees that didn't have the interactivity and links either. Boy I'd find it hard to go back though, especially for the wiring diagrams.)

The times I catch myself grumbling about the paywall, I remind myself it's an $nn,000 car and am I seriously thinking to risk screwing it up by saving myself $15 on getting accurate information to work on it?

I guess it also depends on how you value your time. You can often find answers for free right here on PriusChat, but it takes a certain amount of time to do the searching, compare the answers, and decide which ones you're most willing to gamble on being right. If that takes an hour and you value your hours at $15, then it's maybe a wash with spending the money to hit the reliable source in step one.

-Chap

5. NyQuil

NyQuil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, after waying it all out, I just bit the bullet and bought the 2 day. I'm very impressed though! Gonna be downloading a lot of this!