1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Developer settings changed by one of my drivers and now I get 15mpg?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by DirkG, Jun 17, 2019.

1. DirkG

DirkG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So last month one if my taxi drivers told me he had gotten online and found out how to get into the mechanics settings on the MDT and had made some changes. Obviously he doesn't remember what he changed, but for the last 6000 miles the car has gotten between 15 and 20 mpg. I can only guess that this due to something he did. Is there a way to factory reset all the developer/mechanic settings?
    The car runs great. Battery stays charged, ICE shuts down when it's suppose to and everything else seems fine.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that is a very odd story, and one we have not seen or heard before. agree with p/c above, it is likely not possible

4. mpg_numbers_guy

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Is the 15-20 MPG reported on the display, or actually calculated at the pump? Maybe try disconnecting and reconnecting the 12V battery to reset the computers.

PriusCamper likes this.
  5. DirkG

DirkG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's the reading on the display after 1500 miles of driving last week. I drove it today, only 60 miles but I got 45mpg. I reset the gauge before ingot in after checking what it read for his week. So he is upset. Thinks I rigged it somehow to show better mileage so I don't have to fix it. Whatever he is doing, I hope it doesn't wear out the car. 2015 with 270k miles. I just got it paid off!

PriusCamper likes this.
  6. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Lol, my long-time friend runs a cab company (3 hybrid cars) a few hours north of you... He was really looking forward to his driver's failing to get their cab driving license renewed on time so he could unload some of the deadbeat drivers and sure enough, his best drivers dealt with renewal and his bad ones didn't. Easy fix! Of course owning a bunch of cabs and worrying if your drivers are carelessly beating your cars up is a concern that there's no cure for. Just the nature of the business....

7. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    First......be sure the display isn't set for Km/liter......instead of miles per gallon. :D

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wait, he broke it and is upset you won't fix it?