1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Diagnosing P0A80 with Techstream

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Odeh Abedsalam, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Odeh Abedsalam

Odeh Abedsalam New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a 2010 Prius II with 165,000 miles. I purchased the car used over a year ago and never had any major problems with it until now. A few weeks ago I got my oil changed at a shop and the next day my dashboard showed "check hybrid system" and "check engine" with codes P0A80 and C2300. The transmission fluid was very dirty so I replaced it at Valvoline and C2300 went away instantly, but P0A80 was still there. Upon looking at Toyota Techstream, the battery's voltages seem normal and there's no difference in the actual driving experience. I also see no sub-codes which is odd. The only wacky thing that has happened since then was one time a grinding sound came from under the hood while the car was powered on & in park, and it stopped once I turned the vehicle off. While I was in Techstream I did clear the check engine data just to see what'd happen and it only changed the P0A80 code from Current to Permanent. By looking at my video and images, are there any abnormalities in Techstream that may indicate what's causing the P0A80 code? Or is there actually no problems & I just need to drive the car until the permanent code goes away? Thank you for reading and offering your expertise. :)

[​IMG]