1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Diagnosing Toyota Prius 2007. Dtc Codes showing (C0205, C0200,c1300)(c1259,c1310)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Enoch Mease, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Enoch Mease

Enoch Mease New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How do I repair or replace the skid control ECU? Is there a step to step process?

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has this vehicle ever ran while in your possession?
    Given that this vehicle sat for a couple of years, have you noticed any rodent intrusion?
    All gas engines generally require four things to run; air, fuel, compression, and spark. Best to confirm that these are actually available.
    Before swapping you should try the appropriate workup, if you become stuck, then you may want to try swapping in the used ECU. There is yawrate calibration that needs to be done. Techstream should be able to handle everything.
    https://share.qclt.com/%E4%B8%B0%E7%94%B0%E6%99%AE%E7%91%9E%E6%96%AF%E5%8E%9F%E5%8E%82%E8%8B%B1%E6%96%87%E6%89%8B%E5%86%8Cpdf%E6%A0%BC%E5%BC%8F/Prius%20Service%20Manuals%202004/%E4%BF%AE%E7%90%86%E6%89%8B%E5%86%8C/04pruisr/32/2128j/x040001.pdf
    Start with the workup for DTC C1241, view the freeze frame data to find the detail code (INF or subcode) by clicking on the 'snowflake'.

The first step in the above workup mentions checking the 'hybrid control system' for DTCs, use techstream to run that test. Since you have techstream up and running, double check that there are no DTCs for the engine as well, since you've tried starting the engine before and

If no DTCs are reported for the 'hybrid control system', then move up to step 2, which calls for checking the voltage at the battery, and it would be best to also check the voltage at the jump point under the hood (fuse box).

If adequate voltage is present at both locations, then move on to step 3...

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Those 4 codes are for the braking system. I would ignore them for now until you get the engine running. Use your Techstream in the engine section- actuator tests and turn on the fuel pump relay. Does the fuel pump make noise (hum) when it is commanded to turn on?

Most of what you need to check is "routine" stuff for a mechanic (one that's not allergic to hybrids). Is fuel pressure at the rail within spec? Can the ignition coils produce spark? Does a scantool show the ECM receiving RPM signal? MAF reading? Are the fuel injectors being triggered?

Any ICE is an air pump that needs air (compression), fuel, and heat (spark)- all of the correct amount, quality, and at the correct time. And exhaust has to be able to exit the ICE (not restricted).

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. Enoch Mease

Enoch Mease New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought the car with a bad HV battery and the owner told me that it had been sitting for two years. After installing the refurbished battery I drove it down the road a half mile and it died. It didn't have much power, so I'm thinking that the engine never turned on? There's definitely some rodent feces all over the engine.

I"ll be checking all those things you guys mentioned tomorrow. Thank you so much. Do Prius's have a fuel test pressure port?

SFO likes this.
  5. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds correct.
    Nope.
    Find a can starting fluid and see if that keeps it firing. Wouldn't surprise me if the rodents have chewed up the fuel pump wiring.

6. Enoch Mease

Enoch Mease New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The engine keeps running if I spray starter fluid into the throttle body!

SFO and bisco like this.
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    fuel pump? injectors? fuel lines? throttle? maf?

8. Enoch Mease

Enoch Mease New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you. I'll let you know what I find.

On another note, i just started another post because my other prius died on me. If you could help me out with that I would appreciate it.