1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Diana Nyad finally swims from Cuba to Florida

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Chuck., Sep 2, 2013.

1. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I grasp your intolerance sage, I just don't embrace it as you do. Nor do I use it in a selective fashion simply to post a hateful rant. Grow up and use a well formed argument not disparaging words to make a point.

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Easy does it guys.

image.jpg

3. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Almost done "trying" the "guy" is as blind as a bat to his own intolerance if'n he thinks its ok to ruin someone's thread because he doesn't see or believe exactly as he does.

4. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Trebuchet actually I think your the guy with intolerance. You bury your head in the sand and defend what is unacceptable. You picked a fight with Sage. I must admit I side with Sage on this one. I also dotted the sentence since you attacked me on that in another post.

Sage is a good guy and just put the obvious on the table and somehow you got offended.

No big deal just move on. Discuss something else.

image.jpg

5. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Good guys paint an entire group of people with disparaging remarks like "rightward" and "religious fanatics" then have the gall to lecture on the meaning of tolerance?

Nothing personal but that's a swing and a miss on your part.

By the way, I merely pointed it out, anyone with a lick of common sense sees the hypocrisy in his statement, they also see his ludicrous scramble to excuse his blunder which has resulted in the back and forth. Perhaps a word to sage asking him to own up for his own hypocritical words would gain the desired goal you seek.

6. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'll let Sage reply but I did no get that impression from his discourse. He just disclosed the truth. Somehow you got offended.

I did notice you are on attack mode on another thread. Must be par for the course today.

7. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Why does someone have to take a pleasant thread and hiijack it?

Swimming 110 miles is incredible. That would wear some people out just driving that distance. It's a long day for cyclists at the Tour de France. I have had problems running 26.2 miles or so, let alone running 110 miles. Swimming that distance in an open sea I can't imagine.

P.S. I knew the swimmer's background beforehand. I frequent Wikipedia, where they markup such stuff at the end of bios.

Silver bullit likes this.
  8. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thank You Chuck. I agree

9. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Are you seriously that obtuse JMD? Additionally, pointing out rank hypocrisy is hardly comparable to being on the attack. Once again nothing personal just disagree with you completely on this one.

10. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just got internet Poned. Seriously dude. LOL

image.jpg

11. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
  12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    While I normally disagree with pretty much everything Trebuchet posts, the above Willie Nelson quote is brilliant.

As for Diana Nyad, congratulations on an amazing, mind-boggling, and slightly loony accomplishment. I've always thought extreme athletes are a bit nuts. What scares me most about her swim are the jellyfish. They give me the creeps. Good on ya, Diana!

JMD likes this.
  13. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Thanks Daniel, yeah we definitely don't see eye to eye! LoL! Good to see you posting on a regular basis and nice pics from Canada!

14. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes, you have to be a little bit crazy on extreme sports.

It takes my aches 2-3 days to stop after running a marathon - did a 50km ultramarathon run once. The record run is 300 miles AFAIK, and that's staying awake several days. Dean Karnazes ran a marathon a day for 50 days in every state....Dr. Sanjay Gupta expressed concern over the long-term joint damage that will happen. It's not uncommon to hallucinate into a long run.

15. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    WoW! Drug free hallucinations?!?!? Cool! :p

16. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I ran nine miles once. Couldn't run again for two weeks. OTOH, I've swum in two different glacier-fed lakes, and not a lot of people have done even one. (That was the argument my hiking guide used to get me to do it.)