1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Diane Whitmire in the News, Demand Increasing

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by GSW, Mar 16, 2011.

1. GSW

GSW PRIUS POWER

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Saw this in USA Today/ Driveon...

2. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Supply and Demand drives business. If the supply suddenly drops and the demand is constant, then the price of goods goes up. I'd be very surprised if any dealer would currently be selling their remaining Prius automobiles at anything less than the sticker price.

Keith

P.S. I bet the board of directors at Toyota now wishes that they would have followed through with their plan a couple of years ago to manufacture/assemble the Prius here in the U.S.A. There are some advantages to manufacturing diversification.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    a short term gain for dealers. either more prius will become available or they will not have any to sell. constant supply just behind demand is the best scenario for them and for used prius sales. purchasers may not be back in the drivers seat for awhile.

i checked a few local dealers today, they are down from 30-50 to 5-15 from the last couple months and only a fe high end 2010's around.

4. justlurkin

justlurkin Señor Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup.. Not to mention the current Yen-USD exchange rate favors building factories here in the U.S.-- It's actually cheaper for Toyota to produce their cars here in the U.S. than to do it in Japan due to the depreciating U.S Dollar.

1 person likes this.
  5. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    No big surprise... we are just below $4.00/gal up here...

6. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I suspect that gas prices (at the pump) have probably peaked for the moment. (That is unless things get more unstable in the Middle East.) Over the long term, prices are driven by Supply and Demand as previously stated. Over the short term, prices fluctuate because of speculation (as they did 2 years ago when pump prices went nuts because of the over reaction to "Peak Oil Theory").

Keith

7. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Totally agree but for buyers, perception is reality. I think prices would have gone much higher but now with the tragedy in Japan... perhaps not so much.

8. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota Sunnyvale's 'good,better, best' ad for Prius ...

Prius Three w/o nav has gone up $600 in price to $23,588 in 3 weeks time. They are still showing 31 at that price in newspaper.