1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dianne's 2016 SoCal Prius v deals

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by DianneWhitmire, Dec 29, 2015.

1. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    update 1/11/16 see below

#1 DianneWhitmire, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  2. JeffHastings

JeffHastings Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You sound great. Too bad I'm in New Jersey. As for the new rule, what's the rationale for it? Just curious.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    manufacturers don't really appreciate their product pricing being diluted through mass advertising, and they get a lot of complaints from dealers whose customers would never see those low prices normally.

4. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    More to the point, who made "the rule"?

Must be nationwide because I went to a east coast Toyota dealer's web site (where I had bought my wife's car traveling 250 miles by train to them because of their significantly lower price) and noticed that they now listed only MSRP with a "contact us" if you wanted their "no haggle" price.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    toyota.

6. E. Dennis

E. Dennis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Tesla Model X
    Model:
    N/A
    Similar to Honda pricing...
    This was discussed in several auto periodicals around mid-2015. It goes the way of Toyo dealer discounted online extended-warranty purchases. I presume that discounted online Toyo parts and / or accessories will be next...
    For those looking for a new-purchase deal:
    -Become a cash buyer
    -Decline all dealer add-ons
    -Decline the F&I menu
    -Get your best price by simply emailing a variety of dealers to select the lowest price, (plus tax and license fees).

7. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    In some areas of the US, the issue isn't dealer add-ons but distributor add-ons which are the same for a multi-state area. For example, the Md dealer doesn't have the add-ons where the NC dealer has only cars with multiple add-ons.

8. E. Dennis

E. Dennis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Tesla Model X
    Model:
    N/A
    Good point.

Well, I'd suggest,maybe, a simple out-of-state purchase.

Or, a fly-and -drive purchase depending upon where the LOWEST priced dealer is located.
    Customers have to be assertive, my friend. Otherwise, the manufacturer...and dealers ....arm wrestle with all buyers, in an effort to maximize profits.
    Can't ding them for that.. but astute buyers can still wrestle for the best deal.

The new purchase category for buyers is now "invoice". Per, prior postings.

So, Toyo, perhaps, made a mistake in their new advertising policy. When I'm buying a new Toyota..., "invoice" shall now be my start point. MSRP pricing is off the table.

9. stanny101

stanny101 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    As far as the "F & I Guy" goes, even at Dianne's dealership where I bought my 2012 v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) they are aggressive but I fought him off. One thing. On the Toyota Factory Platinum Warranty, you can no longer wait 3 years or 36k to buy it. Check the rules. On my 2005, I waited 36k, then shopped all the dealers in the U.S. for the lowest price. Even though I'm in SoCal, I bought the warranty from an obscure dealer in Idaho. I think you can still shop. dealers, but the time factor has shrunk. But if you buy the warranty at the dealer you purchased the car from, the price may be very high. Be sure not to buy any aftermarket warranty. Not worth the paper they are written on.

10. E. Dennis

E. Dennis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Tesla Model X
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice post, my friend.
    The extended "warranties" or "service contracts" are simply additional sales offers by the F&I folks....

who are....., wait for it...,

other salespeople at the dealership!!

These are back-end sales that toss significant profits to the dealership, and typically enrich the F&I guy who's printing out your new car sales contract and wishing that you'd buy "fabric protection".

Decline all F&I offers on a new auto purchase. Arrive with cash...or your own credit union check. Pay your sales tax and license fees...and drive away.

11. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Well.
    We have a new "rule" for Toyota's advertising.
    No one can advertise below invoice pricing anymore after Dec 31.
    This does affect a lot of arenas, including this one.

To see my best deals on the 2016's I have, you have to email me and ASK me for my pricing. I can't post it here at Priuschat unless it's invoice, or more. And, my deals are all under invoice on my v wagons. So, I'm going as ask you to invite me to email or call me, ok?
    My #'s and email address are below.

I'm going to continue to heavily discount the 2016's, but you need to email me for details.
    I need to know what package and color you need. All the details I can get from you via email are helpful and appreciated. They will enable me to send pricing back faster.

Current SoCal incentives are:

Decently Low lease rates with $1000 lease cash applied from TFS.
    OR
    $1,000 rebate for cash deals or other financing (NOT using the 0.9 apr)
    OR
    0.9% apr for 60 months (OAC)

and if credit's not terrific, it can be 2.9 or 5.9 as well.

As always, contact me, and only me. Why create hassle when there's no hassle thru me.

[email protected]

Dianne Whitmire
    Fleet and Internet Sales Director
    Carson Toyota
    1333 E 223rd Street, Carson, CA 90745
    310-522-2317 office
    949-689-0717 cell