1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dianne's SoCal EARLY November allocation - Woohoo it feels like Santa came early LOL! :)

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by DianneWhitmire, Nov 3, 2009.

1. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    bumping back to top

2. mindmachine

mindmachine Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was wondering whats up with the larg allocation, is this some of the cars that were held up by the typhoon?

I am asking for my own car was allocated and I was told on Oct, 19 the it would be arriving sometime between 11/10 and 11/23, but thye could not give me a vessel name. Yesterday they called me and tole me my car was delayed due to the typhoon damage at the port and while my car was not damaged the delay was due to the repairs of the port itself? I told them I did not want a damaged/repaired car. Now I have been waiting since June 2 and am really frustrated by now with maybe a delivery delayed till around mid Dec. Any insight you might give me here would be appreciated.

Your Nov list has exactly what I want, but unfortunately you are quite a ways away from me here in Ohio.

3. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    delays

They are not shipping damaged cars.
    They are replacing them with other cars that were identical and were not yet shipped or allocated to other dealers. The ones that were not able to be substituted, they are calling us and asking what we want otherwise. If it's a sold unit, and there is no identical car ready to go, we're being delayed.
    No damaged cars are being shipped.
    If there is a delay, it's only because your car needed to be replaced completely, and those cars' orders went to the build line FIRST before any others.
    Dianne

4. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    bumping to the top, arrrgh

5. mindmachine

mindmachine Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    So in your opinion a 3 week delay means they have to replace mine? I was given a copy of the order with the VIN number on it so if the car had to be replaced the vin number would change when they give me a new update on the vessel name which they promised me as soon as they have the info.

But youare saying I dont need to worry about getting a damaged/repaired car?

Thanks for your help,
    Dennis

6. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium