1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dianne's SoCal Prius 2016 year model inventory and incentives

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by DianneWhitmire, Dec 29, 2015.

1. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    update in new spring thread

#1 DianneWhitmire, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  2. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    When you say "invoice" do you mean MSRP/sticker price? Or do you actually mean dealer invoice?

3. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I mean invoice.
    MSRP is sticker pricing.

4. m.wynn

m.wynn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The High PRIUStess is ready to do binness!

DianneWhitmire likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    oh dianne, this stinks!!!:eek:

who do i need to speak with about this new 'rule'? i can be very persuasive.:sneaky:

6. E. Dennis

E. Dennis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Tesla Model X
    Model:
    N/A
    This was anticipated about mid-year 2015 and announced in several auto periodicals starting in about August.
    It essentially mimics Honda's policy of no-below-invoice advertising. The key word, is "advertising".
    So, you can still score a nice deal (as in the past) by simply emailing dealers to solicit their best price.
    My personal experience with both Honda and Toyota new-vehicle purchases is to only deal online with a cash sale.
    My year-end negotiations in 2014, resulted in a 21% discount off MSRP, with two finalist dealers competing for my business.
    Just my humble opinion...

7. snipercoder

snipercoder Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Cash sale eh? hmmm....What about if you want to finance? Do dealer prefer dealer financing (Toyota Financial Services) or other banks/credit unions?

8. E. Dennis

E. Dennis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Tesla Model X
    Model:
    N/A
    No problem...
    If you don't have cash on hand, visit your financial institution first. (I always suggest credit union membership, over traditional banks, for obvious reasons .....one may research this on their own time).
    Become pre-approved and eligible to provide a bank check at time-of-sale.

Cash talks. Insist on No F&I menu, no add-ons. You're out the door in under 2 hours (with test drive ).

Persistence pays, my friend. Don't let car dealers be your bank---they're not. Don't arrive as a "monthly payment" customer. Present yourself as an assertive and knowlegable cash buyer. You'll reap the benefits...

m.wynn likes this.
  9. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium

#9 DianneWhitmire, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    PriusC_Commuter likes this.
  10. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    There's nothing wrong with being prepared. It helps immensely to know what you want (to both speed the process and sometimes, with retail salesmen efforts, to avoid being upsold into a car or deal you haven't researched) .. but make no mistake here: cash don't talk.
    It used to, when banks, financial things were handled differently and less profitably. When down payments thru outside sources were held back and when it took week(s) to receive funds for your cars from financial sources. But, nowadays, it's literally electronically received overnight.
    And, in my state (CA), the F&I menu is required, even if it's just for you to say NO. But, cash doesn't talk. I assure you, I prefer someone who's using our TFS or other bank financing or leasing for many reasons. We get funded more easily when it's financed, and your "cash" typically isn't green as a buyer. It's a personal check (to a dealership that's a piece of paper with a signature on it) or a promise of a check or cashier's check to arrive from a credit union or outside funding bank that won't clear as fast as my TFS overnite-wired funds. It's complicated. But, honest nonetheless. And, the more good credit we send to TFS permits us to get some bad credit thru with less of a grind. There's a hassle with personal check because even if I call your bank right now, and verify funds, who's to say you're not going to pull them and put them elsewhere? I know I sure as heck wouldn't take a random personal check in my driveway for my own car, so doing this on a larger business/dealership scale means certain measures have to be taken. Credit run or ID verified or pricy check guarantees.
    If you planned to finance, it's smart to give the dealership a shot at it. If using the dealer's financing options don't make financial sense for you, then don't do it. Use your own.

Dianne
    Fleet and Internet Sales Director
    Carson Toyota
    1333 E 223rd Street, Carson, CA 90745
    310-522-2317 office
    949-689-0717 cell

PriusC_Commuter and fotomoto like this.
  11. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Dianne, thank you for this proactive 2016 model year right-out-of-the-gate post, and the guts (and I'm laughing) to reveal your thoughts very publicly about that porcelain interior treatment. I can only hope that in a year or so, when I'm ready for my 2017 PIP purchase, that Toyota will get the hint to discontinue the white and update those interior pieces with what the majority U.S. customer will want -- neon green (kidding).

That said, I will no doubt call you in a year or so and discuss a model that, most probably, will not be available in Illinois. And I hope it still "knocks my socks off."

#11 DavidA, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  12. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I went to Carson Toyota for an oil change on my PiP this morning, and Dianne was kind enough to have someone show me the one 2016 Prius that just came in an hour ago (already sold obviously), that car is HOT! Thanks Dianne!

13. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Ah finally. I just got another truckload of 2016's. Thank heavens, been sold out for a week... noting like restocking the shelves!! :) What's shown up tonight are primarily 2's and 3 tourings. Looks like tomorrow I'll see a few more of the 2's and 3 tourings + a pre-sold black/black 4 with AT/CX.

I posted my inventory in the dealers section already and it's hard to keep it current in both places with the rest of the stuff I need to do daily..

here right now are 2's
    pearl white, silver, gray, red, black
    3 tourings
    gray, green., pearl white,
    4 with AT CX (pre-sold)

Dianne

#13 DianneWhitmire, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  14. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Nice to hear that they are selling. Now what about the 2015 left overs?

15. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I hope to see the 2017 PLugIns with some interior design changes (koff) and, in about a year. Maybe sooner? No green HOV decals left, so that car had better have 3-4 times the range the old models did....

#15 DianneWhitmire, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  16. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    What about the leftovers?
    I have plenty. The $3K rebates cleared my 3rd floor storage and half my 2nd floor quick. I still have about 55 left (of which 45 total are 2's and 3's) so those will sell fast!! Not worried about them at all. With the large rebates or customer cash combined with 0 apr, or the low leases, they are flying out of here. The lease on a 2016 versus a 2015 is so dramatically higher, it isn't a shocker that we'll be sold out in 20-30 days tops.

That said, while I am pretty vocal about the rear end of the new 2016 Prius being pretty bizarre, and the inside console shiny white parts resembling a commode... that car itself drives SO incredibly nice. It just didn't feel like a Prius... and the seats are great. It felt like an Avalon hybrid to me. I guess as long as I don't have to look at the back end, and can cover the console with a black applique piece.... I'd be happy!

#16 DianneWhitmire, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    Blizzard_Persona and Caniac like this.
  17. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE

Dianne,

If you are allowed to, could you please give a rough range on lease payments per trim level and required money down for the 2016's? I started a thread in this subsection but I guess no one has leased theirs as of yet..

Thanks as always...(y)

18. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    OMG. I was just allocated 62 more Prius coming. I'm in PriusHeaven!! Yay!
    I'll add the list of what's coming as soon as I finalize the allocation.
    (y)

19. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    moving to end of thread to update inventory

#19 DianneWhitmire, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  20. Mendel Leisk