1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dice Install, Leave Radio In

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mkiefer83, Jan 25, 2008.

1. mkiefer83

mkiefer83 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    So, I've done the search and when I try to click on some of the links going to old posts, they just take me back to the PriusChat main page...

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to install a DICE kit without having to remove the radio and disassemble the entire dash. I've got an '08 Touring w/JBL 6-disc in-dash, XM, w/o Navigation.

Thoughts anyone?

2. lakerholic

lakerholic New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've done it (for a friend) and the instructions exist -- but that was in the old PriusChat site.... I, too need these again so if anyone could please help it would be much appreciated! :D

3. lakerholic

lakerholic New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  4. mkiefer83

mkiefer83 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Awesome!!

I just took a quick look through the guide, but that definitely beats the heck out of having to take apart the whole dash to be able to install some kind of iPod integration.

As I've got an '08 and I'm not sure if there will be any differences, I'll take pictures and note the changes from the install instructions as I find 'em.

Thanks lakerholic!

5. emtownsend

emtownsend New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just did this install on my '07 with package 6 (today). The install went well but the squeeze to get your hand behind the radio to plug in the adapter is really tight; but do-able.

I am not sure I like the interface. I have mine set to SAT (after trying all others).

There are six on-screen buttons to push. All say DICE on them followed by a number. Each DICE + number controls different aspects of the iPod. Like DICE1 for Album or DICE2 for Song, etc... So to find albums and songs is not easy or fast. I kinda feel like something is not setup right. Seems like more song and album information should be available. Also, it seemed like when I got to the end of the artists list, I could not go backward, only forward. This forced me to go hands on with the iPod. The only steering wheel controls that work are volume and track. The track key function depends on which DICE number you have selected on the touch screen.

I tried switching all the dip switches (4 of them) but did not find a nice combo. Right now, it is set for DICE and SAT. Is there a better mode to be in?

6. mkiefer83

mkiefer83 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I'm glad someone has been able to try this before I was the guinea pig...

I'm waiting for the Silverline kit to buy one because I've heard the functionality is much better than the old one and when I tried it out, the user interface was nice and easy to use.

7. emtownsend

emtownsend New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Believe it or not, I will likely buy another kit when a more useful one comes out. I love having my iPod music available in the car. This one sounds great and does the job in a very basic way, but I would love to be able to see my iPod interface on the MFD and a little smoother on the wheel.