1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE installed. drained battery, red triangle of death

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by kenoarto, Mar 31, 2015.

1. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    05 Prius has been perfect until yesterday. Installed a used DICE last week. Easy 45 minute install. Does what it is supposed to do, BUUUUUUT ... While testing two of my USB adapters, I suddenly got the red triangle and a zillion lights. Turned the car off and on and everything was fine -- and it hasn't happened again. Didn't drive much last week, went to start car yesterday and it was totally TOTALLY dead (no lights of any kind). Jump started right up. Let it run in the garage for many hours (to recharge 6 month old yellow top). I unhooked the DICE fearing it is some kind of battery drainer (it does have a powered Apple 30 pin connector that charges cell phones). No problems starting today. Ideas?

2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    It does indeed sound like the 12v is being drained when the DICE is connected and the car off.
    Perhaps a solution is to wire the DICE so that it only gets power when the car is on.