1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE iPod Integration Unit now for sale in the Shop!

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just posted the DICE iPod Integration Unit in the PriusChat Shop. Thanks to DICE and the buying power of the PriusChat community, we've been able to get the great price of $135.15 for the unit.

http://priuschat.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/66

Info:

<blockquote> iPod integration is finally a reality for all Prius owners! It used to be that the only Priui the Dension ice>Link system would work with were the non-navigation ones, but that has now changed. (Dension now sells their product through DICE, so there's a name change in case you get confused)

The new DICE system includes an AUX Audio Input (for those of you without a 2006+), and has 3 different modes:

• Simple Mode - no text through factory radio
    • Advanced Mode - 10 second intitialization lag but it does start back up the iPod where it left off and you have control via the iPod or the factory controls (steering wheel or headunit)
    • UR Mode: Locks out iPod controls, but there is no lag in the system. Still has steering wheel and headunit controls
    Cradles are now an extra charge ($59.99) and won't be ready for another 3 weeks or so. The system does include the docking cable included in the price. And in the future there will be a cradle option for the Video iPod to output video :) Very cool!

Here is some info from the manufacturer about the system: Factory iPod integration from DICE! Connect your iPod to your vehicle's factory entertainment system and hear what your iPod should sound like in your car. CD-quality sound and controls from your radio, steering wheel or the iPod. Always keeps your iPod charged and ready to go. Radios supporting CD-text will also display text from your iPod allowing you to view song title and artist name right on your radio's display. A clean factory looking installation is possible with our sleek iPod cradle and hidden installations can be done with our docking cable Here's the website with info: http://www.diceelectronics.com/ipod_integration.htm

</blockquote> [​IMG]

Here is a list of the FAQ's so far:

1. Does it work with all Prius models (through 2006)? Sort-of. Right now it works for the 2004-2005, but DICE is still testing the 2006.
    2. Do you have to disable the JBL 6 CD changer in order to hook up the Dension? No, both the 6 disc and the iPod can co-habitate
    3. Do you have to disablet a standard factory installed CD player to hook up the Dension? No.
    4. If you have a Sirius or XM radio build into the touch screen system, do you have to disable the sat radio in order to hook up the Dension? No.
    5. Do you have to purchase a cradle or can you just get a free standing cable to plug into the iPod? No, the included cable will be all you'll need.
    6. If you have just the cable (and no cradle) are you able to hook up a cradle at another time? Yes

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    so.. is there an official "purchase" signup list or are you going to notify everyone in the "interested" list currently in the RSVP system?

3. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

Couple o' questions:

I don't understand how there is an AUX-IN on the Dice and yet it uses the iPod's dock connector. Or is the AUX-IN for other devices?

I would want to have this thing professionally installed. Do you know of any place in Los Angeles that could install it?

Thanks.

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The AUX-IN is for other devices. In my case, I have a portable XM radio, so that'll plug into that.

The company that makes the DICE is in Long Beach, so they might even be able to do it for you.

5. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jun 22 2006, 08:58 AM) [snapback]275267[/snapback]</div>
    Really? When I go to the CONTACT page on their website, it says Lake Tahoe.

(Thanks.)

6. Priscilla

Priscilla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hi Folks,

I thought the DICE opportunity sounded great so I went to the Prius shop and ordered it 06/21. . My credit card has been billed but I never received an order confirmation or ship date. It says in my account info in the accessory shop that the order is "being processed". I sent one email a few days later to inquire about possible ship date. No response. Last week I purchased a Griffin iTrip. It works great and I can use my iPod now. I sent an email to cancel my order last week. No response. What gives? It seems no one's home. Am I missing something obvious? Help! :blink:

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, if you haven't got it, that means you weren't the first 25 people to order as 25 units have already been shipped. I ordered mine on the 25th so I'm definitely not the first 25 people.

PM Danny about the situation.

8. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mitchla @ Jun 22 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]275319[/snapback]</div>
    Hmm, I got the impression that they were in Long Beach from this post plus the testing was done in So Cal.

9. teknoteach@sbcglobal.net

[email protected] New Member

Priscilla,

I was having the same problem, so I went to Paypal and filed a dispute resolution. I got an email back the next day. I still have yet to receive it, but I was told he was supposed to receive an order on Saturday and then get a tracking number to me. I am giving it until the end of this week and then I am going to request a refund.

Hope that helps!!!

Kimberly

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Priscilla @ Jul 5 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]281639[/snapback]</div>

10. chuckieland

chuckieland New Member

please let me know as soon as it's confirm to work with 2006
    i'll get one right away

11. chuckieland

chuckieland New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chuckieland @ Jul 9 2006, 02:58 AM) [snapback]283248[/snapback]</div>
    to install the dice, do i need to take out anything in the car dash?
    can anyone take a picture of prius with dice install?

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No but you do need to take apart the dash. It's the same side as the EV mod but with one extra removal - the right vent next to the MFD screen. Otherwise, the other pieces are identical to the EV mod. In that case, you might as well have both installed at the same time hehe. Assuming they can get it to work on the 06 soon, that is.

13. minime

minime New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Any word yet if it works with the 2006?

14. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chuckieland @ Jul 9 2006, 11:49 AM) [snapback]283423[/snapback]</div>
    As Tideland Prius said, you aren't taking all that much off. In fact it's only the lower glove compartment and the A/C vent cover to the right of the MFD. It's very similar to installing the VAIS AIC-100i; in fact, that's what I used.

15. darkecho

darkecho New Member

I put my order in last week, any word on when the next batch is going to get shipped out?! IM DYING OF NO IPOD!!! B)

16. y2kroxy

y2kroxy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(minime @ Aug 20 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]306392[/snapback]</div>
    ======================================

I have 2006 PKG3 radio with MP3 capable CD and AUX input - no NAV/no JBL/no CD changer/ no SAT radio, The DICE works on my car. I did have trouble getting it to work. The instructions did not mention it but you have to remove the radio fuse, install the DICE, and then reinstall the fuse (looks like the radio has to initialize).

17. acdii

acdii Active Member

I'm just wondering if this thread should be updated to reflect the current price of the Dice unit.