1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dice iPod pausing unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jonathonp, Dec 5, 2009.

1. jonathonp

jonathonp New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently installed the latest Dice iPod converter in my 2004 Prius using the VAIS instructions. Works fine except it all of a sudden pauses or stops playing and then a few seconds later starts up again. It does it randomnly with no prompting and at different intervals. I don't think it's a loose wire because sometimes the title screen says "paused". Any ideas?

2. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    jonathonp-

The DICE unit is quirky. I've had it for a year and half now or so and it does lots of weird stuff. I'm not sure there's much you can do about it.

3. jonathonp

jonathonp New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ugh! Okay. It sure does some crazy stuff sometims, but sounds great. Thanks.

4. mattemsley

mattemsley New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am having the same issue. We're you able to resolve it? I have a 2007 Prius with Nav system. Dice Silverline, purchased 1/10/2010, and an iPod Touch 2nd Gen running OS v3. I have the Dice in SAT mode and for the iPod switches i have it in the Smart Mode (Off/On).

5. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Like ualdriver said, it's just quirky. Nothing really to fix. It works perfectly for long stretches then does something odd. My biggest complaint is how often it comes up with the iPod in locked out "Accessory connected" mode when I don't have the DICE set for that, or stays DISCONNECTED even when it's not.

- D

6. Hopopotamus

Hopopotamus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have same problem. Just use AUX on your dice to get rid of the hick up . I noticed that when the car is cold dice hick up lot more common, don't know if this is just me or anyone else have same problem.