1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE kits now support browsing from the radio!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Vagabond, Dec 18, 2007.

1. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

I've got a 2007 Prius Tour and want to upgrade my DICE too.

Count me in as someone that wants to upgrade. I've had my DICE unit less than a year (I can't remember when bought we bought our Prius in Dec '06).

I wanted it for two things. Better sound (big check mark) and to be able to see the names of the album/artist/song (small check mark as it disappears and I have to hit the audio button twice to get it back).

Right now when my wife is with me I practically go insane as she very slowly, eventually, please before I die, gets to the right artist/album. If I could do that through the radio controls (only when safe) that would bring down my blood pressure a lot.

Looking forward to the chance to upgrade.

2. saragorlick

saragorlick New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have been waiting years for a product to play my ipod with in my 05 prius with package # 3, no SAT or NAV. I just found this Priuschat page and the posting on the Silver Dice. I just called Dice and at first they told me to order now and it would work. Then I called back and asked about the Silver version and they said it wouldn't be available for a few months and to wait a few months and order the Silver one. So what's the scoop. When should I order one and what version should I order? And please confirm this will do the trick to play my Ipod in my 05 Prius. Thanks!!!!

3. Rxmxsh

Rxmxsh Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: I've got a 2007 Prius Tour and want to upgrade my DICE too.

yours works w/your iphone no problem?

4. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

I have the Gen 4 60 GB iPod with no video not an iPhone. I have to wait until my Verizon plan ends before I get an iPhone. The only worry is AT&T's coverage here in Seattle. Not that great from what I understand.

5. Rxmxsh

Rxmxsh Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

my bad. I thought you had one from another thread. Sorry.

6. paul price

paul price New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i just need to know if the screen mode will work in a car with no nav. or anything.

also, will it be able to play my movies and video on the screen too? if so, ill buy one right now!

btw, mine is an 05 model.

7. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The screen will display the track information (i.e. artist, album, and track) and allow you to change the music playing. However, the product will not allow you to display the iPod screen on the MFD (so no pictures or movies on the Prius screen).

8. paul price

paul price New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i understand. thanks!

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    To add to betelgeuse, you need a video controller for that.

10. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I, too, would love this upgrade. I have an '05, and my DICE is less than a year old... already spent recent $$$ on it, and would pay some, but not lots for an upgrade. I would love not to mess with the little iPod controls on road trips and podcasts... though for in-town, I generally have playlists that I set and forget.

I have the intermittent problem that *mimics* "the dreaded MFD failure":eek:but actually just requires unplugging the cable from the DICE unit and replugging it about every 6-8 weeks. (Good thing I installed the unit next to my glovebox where I don't have to disassemble the dash each time). The first time it happened, though, I was pretty freaked out...found the answer/solution on PriusChat with a little searching, though:cool:, and the dealer was sure surprised when I told them they didn't have to replace the MFD as they were all set to do as a warranty repair when I first called about it.

Thanks, Vagabond, for the heads up. It would be great if an announcement could be made on the main PriusChat page that the upgrade/trade-in program is up and running, since I don't haunt this forum much.