1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE Prius iPod Integration Unit now works for the 2006!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Danny, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Same deal folks, send me all your contact info, car info, and where you bought it from.

The current theory is to have the unit replaced.

BUT! Before you go and do that, make sure your software on your iPod is up to date! We were able to fix this issue on one today simply by updating the software.

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Oh and include an e-mail address so they can get back to you.

3. emailcurt

emailcurt New Member

First, as a new owner and priuschat reader thanks everyone for a great site. OK after reading through this extensive thread and others, as a new 07 owner, my net read was wait a bit until dice works out the bugs? Seems like they have been telling people lately that there is a fix pending....? Thoughts?

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emailcurt @ Mar 27 2007, 01:30 PM) [snapback]413119[/snapback]</div>

The fix has been released. I'm not making an official announcement for PriusChat yet, since Danny isn't here to do it but as far as DICE is concerned the HD kit has been shipping without problems for around a month now. I've had the new version in my car for a few months now and I've been holding off on giving the rest of the company a green light til I was really really sure. It hasn't crashed once.

The HD kit should be available soon in the PriusChat shop. Danny is looking out for you guys and wants to try it himself before he adds it. But give him a few more days before he gets to that part because, he got married last Sunday :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. emailcurt

emailcurt New Member

Thanks for the update vagabond. You mentioned only the hd kit, does this also apply to the ipod kit?

Thanks.

6. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emailcurt @ Mar 27 2007, 02:54 PM) [snapback]413180[/snapback]</div>

The iPod kit has working fine for a long time now. 90% of the issues we've had in recent months were with the HD kit.

7. eric.krause

eric.krause New Member

vagabond:
    You mentioned that it is possible to update the software. Is that something that I could download here and apply with the right cabling? I must admit that I didn't look at the dice unit too long before I pulled the dash apart and installed it.

My only problem has been with the initial sync when I plug it in. Sometimes it wouldn't give control back to the clickwheel, or would go back to a different playlist and start at the top. I have since flipped the switches to keep it from syncing when I plug it in. And this is fine right now as I only have a five minute commute, but it isn't optimal.
    I'm not sure on the specs, but I bought it from the priuschat shop, and received it in the order that shipped right around new years. Oh, and I have an 05 prius.

8. tolladay

tolladay Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eric.krause @ Mar 27 2007, 05:55 PM) [snapback]413282[/snapback]</div>
    If you go to disc 6, and click on the title button, it will show you the DICE firmware number.

9. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eric.krause @ Mar 27 2007, 06:55 PM) [snapback]413282[/snapback]</div>
    No, it's going need to be sent in. There simply isn't any other way to do it.

The syncing thing is normal, it will pick a random play-list and start playing. This isn't a 'feature' built into the DICE module, but part of how it syncs and is necessary. Tell me more about not giving control back to the iPod, you could not control the music through the iPod at all? What would say on the screen?

Also, do you have a HD kit or an iPod kit?

10. eric.krause

eric.krause New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Mar 28 2007, 01:12 AM) [snapback]413409[/snapback]</div>
    http://priuschat.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/66 I've got one of these.. not sure where to find the difference between the ipod or hd kit. I think it's just the ipod kit.

As for giving control back, the ipod gets stuck with the check mark on the screen. It doesn't make that last switch back to the menu. So I was forced to change it via the steering wheel or replug it in.

11. eponsworley

eponsworley New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eric.krause @ Mar 29 2007, 05:57 AM) [snapback]414102[/snapback]</div>
    I'm having the same problem. Earlier I wrote that the Dice unit had stopped responding to the steering wheel controls (other than volume) and that the song info will no longer display on the dash, but I could at least listen to the iPod and control it from the click wheel.

This morning it started doing as you describe. I basically can't use the Dice unit at all.

It's also messed up the CD player. It works, but now it shows "no title" or "no song title" on the display for anything--even discs that used to display before.

Is the warranty going to include labor? I spent $100 to have the unit installed. Do I need to spend more money to have it taken out and replaced?

12. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Geek @ Mar 29 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]414432[/snapback]</div>
    Geek - I don't know anyone that would describe me as handy for fixing plumbing, wiring, car engines (besides oil changes, flat tires) and I was able to install the DICE unit myself. Instructions with pictures were posted (I believe) in this thread.

13. eponsworley

eponsworley New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OlsonBW @ Mar 29 2007, 03:07 PM) [snapback]414522[/snapback]</div>
    I don't think it's technically difficult--it's a matter of having the time! I'm so freaking busy.
    Thanks for your comment. I'll see if I can carve out a chunk of time this weekend to look at it.

14. jdgkeg

jdgkeg Junior Member

Any idea what happens if one does not click the "return to merchant" in Paypal as mentioned in the previous post? That is my case as I ordered the ipod integration unit last week from the priuschat accessory shop for my 2007 and did not take this step. Interesting, nothing shows up in "My Orders"under My Account- humm?? Any confidence these orders are getting through? My Paypal account was deducted. Appreciate any input.

15. eric.krause

eric.krause New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Geek @ Mar 29 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]414539[/snapback]</div>
    Well, the whole thing took me 30 min, so I would bet it would take less time to pop open the dash and get it out to return it, then it would take to get to a dealership. At least it would for me.

16. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eric.krause @ Mar 29 2007, 06:57 AM) [snapback]414102[/snapback]</div>

And it does this every time? Is the software on the iPod up to date?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OlsonBW @ Mar 29 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]414522[/snapback]</div>

Easier since the cable does not sound like it needs to be removed.

17. eric.krause

eric.krause New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Mar 30 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]414989[/snapback]</div>
    Not every time. but I would say about 20% of the time. (it's been awhile since I've had to deal with it) And you'll have to tell me how to check the software date on the dice.

18. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eric.krause @ Mar 30 2007, 02:35 PM) [snapback]415082[/snapback]</div>

No, not the DICE. The iPod, is the software on the iPod up to date.

But for FYI, go to DISC 6 while listening to the DICE kit and it will display the version number.

19. eric.krause

eric.krause New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Mar 30 2007, 04:36 PM) [snapback]415083[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, the ipod firmware is up to date.

20. mike.s

mike.s New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinan @ Feb 26 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]396791[/snapback]</div>
    I've got a Toyota Sienna, with a DICE i-Toyota-r. I found this site doing a search.

I've got problems with it, too - display and car controls sometimes freezing up, doesn't come up at all after the car is shut off (needs to be unplugged then replugged to recover), had "OK to disconnect" and no iPod controls on one iPod (a different one seemed fine, both 3G, both same firmware), iPod doesn't resume play when turning car on, etc. At least one other user I know has similar problems.

Count yourselves somewhat lucky. It at least appears that you're getting a little bit of support. My experience with direct support throught the DICE web site has been horrible. The response to the first couple of posts was "reset your iPod," etc. BTDT. Since then, they've simply ignored the problems with their product. The last response was "Zoltan- I'm trying to find out what's going on with your set up, it sems that I have to send you out a new module with an different software." That was 3 weeks ago. Nothing since, and it's still unusable.

The version number printed under the bar code on my unit is A00044. The version number shown when changing the radio to CD6 is A0000A. They can't explain why. Is that old firmware mistakenly put on a new unit?

Right now, the i-Toyota-r is not ready for prime time, and DICE support is customer hostile.

I really wish this thing would work, but they're just working to have a p*ssed off customer.