1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE Prius iPod Integration Unit now works for the 2006!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Danny, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, I'm trying to help out. I'm still getting up to speed on the procedures n' stuff. The company has hit some momentum and things are busy, busy busy. Mike, if you want PM me your info and I'll see what I can do to bring your situation to light again.

Once I get good at this stuff I'll be able to help folks alot more efficiently.

2. mike.s

mike.s New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Mar 31 2007, 03:44 PM) [snapback]415606[/snapback]</div>
    What is your relationship to DICE? Are you an employee? Dealer? other?

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike.s @ Mar 31 2007, 03:51 PM) [snapback]415658[/snapback]</div>

Employee. I handle the PriusChat account now.

Not only am I a member, I'm also a client?

I spent alot of time with them, they used my Prius for the development of the kit.

4. jfogal

jfogal New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I was wondering on the I-Pod Dice system if you have a video I-Pod can the video be played on the Prius screen?

5. Traffic

Traffic New Member

If you have a 2006 or 2007 model year,
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS JUNK......
    It will not work.
    Steering wheel controls work......NO DISPLAY on MFD.

I cannot understand why they would ship a product they know will not work as advertized, just angers customers to no end.. Just like me......................................

6. augustson

augustson New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Traffic @ Apr 1 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]415938[/snapback]</div>
    Not sure what your issue is, but I have a 2006 and my unit works just fine. It didn't work at first, but DICE was very cooperative in getting me a new one (with new firmware). Have you talked to DICE about getting a replacement?

7. jesart

jesart Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(augustson @ Apr 1 2007, 11:51 AM) [snapback]415970[/snapback]</div>

I've been using my DICE unit for a few months now and the only thing I've noticed my CDC mode does not work. I've tried everything and I can't seem to get text on CDC mode. I hear the music, but no text. SAT is the only mode that I am able to view text and use the steering wheel. I need to call DICE about this issue. It's not really bothering me, but I would like to use the CDC function. As long as I hear my IPOD I'm good to go! :D

8. Traffic

Traffic New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(augustson @ Apr 1 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]415970[/snapback]</div>
    When I ordered this around the second week of March, it was clearly noted that is was for a 2006. That being said why would they ship a unit they knew would not work because of a "firmware problems" Yes I contacted them and the reply was "Their is a problem and we are working on it" So again they knew it WOULD NOT WORK Freight in,,,,freight out, insurance, all at my expense and time.

If your unit works, you are one of the lucky ones.........The odds of winning in Vegas are better than the odds of getting one of these working.

9. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jfogal @ Apr 1 2007, 05:57 AM) [snapback]415911[/snapback]</div>

No, we have no plans to ship a device that will allow you to input video to the stock screen. The risk of a lawsuit is far too great. We do sell a cradle that will allow you to output video and connects to the DICE, and if you modify your screen, that's up to you... :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Traffic @ Apr 1 2007, 08:17 AM) [snapback]415938[/snapback]</div>

We have shipped hundreds and hundreds and of units for the 06 and 07 years, with little complaint. When people have a problem, most of the time it's because they didn't read the manual and put it in MD mode. They left it in CD mode (which is for the 04-05) or SAT mode. Can you verify how your DIP switches on the DICE kit are positioned? Remember, if you need to flip them please make sure that the kit is separate from the cable to the radio, then plug it back in.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Traffic @ Apr 1 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]416057[/snapback]</div>

The firmware for Toyota has remained untouched for a while now. Where did you hear that there was a firmware update?

10. Traffic

Traffic New Member

Have you read this thread at all........????????? and the other topics as well ????????

Yes... We called dice...Flipped the swiches the way they said after unplugging the unit. Flipped them every which way possible as well.

Who said their was a firmware update....DICE SAID IT..just two days ago......as well as other people in this thread....READ

You sure show that you work for DICE....You just do not get it............................

11. MacDude

MacDude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Traffic- Did you come to the forum just to complain about your Dice unit? I notice that you only have four posts and they seem to all be here. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your unit. I hope that you get it resolved.

I think that Vagabond is trying to help.

In the mean time, take a deep breath and check out the other topics too.

[disclaimer - I don't have a DICE unit yet, but I am very tempted to get one. I'm trying to filter the opinioins expressed here. ]

12. mike.s

mike.s New Member

I wonder if part of the problem is that DICE simply doesn't have any control over the product. The unit seems to be identical functionally to the Neo Prolink. The controls and displays appear to be identical. I suspect there's an OEM somewhere, and DICE and Neo are simply buying/rebranding those units, and depend on that external source to actually support the software.

Given how little DICE support actually knows about their own product, the above is very likely.

13. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike.s @ Apr 1 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]416210[/snapback]</div>

ALL development is done in house.

14. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ironic that you say that because you should take a look at what I brought home tonight.

A brand-new 07 Package 5 Red Prius.

[​IMG]

The person I collected it from has already put a few miles on it. And some of them are my fault, I just got home from the Ratatat concert at the Glass House in Pomona. It was nothing short of awesome.

[​IMG]

So tomorrow or tuesday, I'm taking a kit right off the shelf and installing it into this car. Considering that there hasn't been a problem in the past 8 or so months until very recently, I'm curious to see what the results are going to be. Also considering that we have an 06 Headunit sitting on a desk that hasn't had any problems.

Thus I have collected this car. I'll be leaving the cable installed when I return the car so I can use it to test kits that are exchanged to me. If you send a kit back, please put Attn: Nick on it so I know to try it out.

And since I just uploaded it, here's a pic of my Prius and another Priuschat'ers at the Autobooks show last weekend.

[​IMG]

15. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MacDude @ Apr 1 2007, 05:36 PM) [snapback]416192[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you.

16. mike.s

mike.s New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Apr 2 2007, 04:58 AM) [snapback]416336[/snapback]</div>
    If that's the case, problem resolution should be much quicker than it is.

17. emailcurt

emailcurt New Member

Just got an 07 (also red) and just waiting for my dice unit to arrive, so will report on the results.

18. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emailcurt @ Apr 2 2007, 09:50 AM) [snapback]416422[/snapback]</div>

Thanks!

19. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I should be doing this thing in a few hours, I'll be taking pics for an install guide while I'm at it for the Priuschat folk.

20. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Also, I'd like to apologize to everyone about my behavior. I'm a blunt person and I talk like it. I'm not planning on changing much on this board compared to others I may start to attend. The reason for that is because I was a Priuschatter long before I started with DICE.

So I'll be a little more honest and a little more brutal with you guys. This is how people have seen me be in the past, and I'm not going to put on a false-face. I'll be looking out for PC'ers personally as well since I consider this to be my board too!