1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE Prius iPod Integration Unit now works for the 2006!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Danny, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zarzoo @ Sep 6 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]508186[/snapback]</div>
    We don't expect that there will be any issues but to be safe we have all the new stuff being shipped to us for testing.

2. acdii

acdii Active Member

The Dice is messing with my MFD, I have to reset the unit every so often by unplugging it. What it's doing is making the mfd act as though there is a short somewhere and teh AC and radio controls stop working along with all the consumption and miles information. Is there something that can be done? I am going on a trip to the Poconos tonight, and will be gone for two weeks, but will check back when I can.

3. emailcurt

emailcurt New Member

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Emailed vagabond a week ago but no response so hoping someone else might have an idea.

My dice worked fine for months. Then one day it was gone, I could not switch to the source (was on CD changer mode). So I unplugged the unit, re-plugged it in, back to normal. For about a day until the same thing happened. So I did the same thing again, this time also switching it to SAT mode, again it functioned for a day. Did the same again, and it functioned for about 30 minutes, it actually disappeared in the middle of a song while I was driving, just gone and couldn't switch back to the source.

The connector to the DICE unit seems secure, and I doubt it's the connector in the back of the radio unit since unplugging it at the Dice unit is what seems to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Curt

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry, I'm on a business trip. I'll check for your email just as soon as I can.

5. acdii

acdii Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emailcurt @ Sep 11 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]510750[/snapback]</div>
    Mine is doing something close to that, but it just knocks the MFD offline.

6. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ACD @ Sep 11 2007, 06:01 PM) [snapback]510845[/snapback]</div>
    Curt,

Mine is doing something almost identical and it is a brand new unit. It will play for 4 or 5 maybe as many as 10 songs then start skipping songs then just drop out in the middle of a song. Then you can not get back to SAT mode on the radio, the DICE isn't even communicating with it although if you unplug the iPod and plug it back in it does it "initialize" thing again.

I have had my trim apart a dozen times and unplugged the DICE and plugged it back in. This usually works but the problem returns in just a few songs. You can leave the car off for a few hours or overnight and the DICE will "reboot" itself then too but yet again you only get a few songs out of it.

I have attempted to get an answer from DICE but they seem to be of the opinion that it is a Prius issue since the unit works sometimes. Typical help desk response. So if no one here has any answers I plan on packing the unit up and shipping it back to PriusChat for a refund.

I guess we will see if anyone here has any answers.

Good luck to us both,
    Chris

7. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ACD @ Sep 11 2007, 06:01 PM) [snapback]510845[/snapback]</div>
    Curt,

Mine is doing something almost identical and it is a brand new unit. It will play for 4 or 5 maybe as many as 10 songs then start skipping songs then just drop out in the middle of a song. Then you can not get back to SAT mode on the radio, the DICE isn't even communicating with it although if you unplug the iPod and plug it back in it does it "initialize" thing again.

I have had my trim apart a dozen times and unplugged the DICE and plugged it back in. This usually works but the problem returns in just a few songs. You can leave the car off for a few hours or overnight and the DICE will "reboot" itself then too but yet again you only get a few songs out of it.

I have attempted to get an answer from DICE but they seem to be of the opinion that it is a Prius issue since the unit works sometimes. Typical help desk response. So if no one here has any answers I plan on packing the unit up and shipping it back to PriusChat for a refund.

I guess we will see if anyone here has any answers.

Good luck to us both,
    Chris

8. acdii

acdii Active Member

Mine will play fine, the MFD is what gets knocked out, I moved the unit to the glove box so I dont have to pull the rim to unplug it.

9. acdii

acdii Active Member

Mine will play fine, the MFD is what gets knocked out, I moved the unit to the glove box so I dont have to pull the rim to unplug it.

10. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What's the number on the bottom of the unit?

11. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What's the number on the bottom of the unit?

12. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emailcurt @ Sep 11 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]510750[/snapback]</div>
    Curt, I don't see an email from you. Can you resend it to [email protected]?

13. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emailcurt @ Sep 11 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]510750[/snapback]</div>
    Curt, I don't see an email from you. Can you resend it to [email protected]?

14. acdii

acdii Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Sep 13 2007, 10:15 AM) [snapback]511907[/snapback]</div>
    Are you looking for the barcode number?
    A00052-0606

15. acdii

acdii Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Sep 13 2007, 10:15 AM) [snapback]511907[/snapback]</div>
    Are you looking for the barcode number?
    A00052-0606

16. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ACD @ Sep 13 2007, 03:27 PM) [snapback]512181[/snapback]</div>

Yes indeed - 52, is really old. The current gen is 65 or 67 now.

Want to get it swapped? PM me your contact and mailing info.

17. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ACD @ Sep 13 2007, 03:27 PM) [snapback]512181[/snapback]</div>

Yes indeed - 52, is really old. The current gen is 65 or 67 now.

Want to get it swapped? PM me your contact and mailing info.

18. esears1

esears1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Oct 5 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]328557[/snapback]</div>

I would like to know the difference between the dice Ipod integration and the one that Coastal Electronics Tech is advertising (the one with the lockpick system)?

19. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(esears1 @ Sep 14 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]512652[/snapback]</div>

The coastal tech isn't a integration system. It's just a video feed from a 'computer' you have to use a remote control to use it, no steering wheel controls possible. It's, silly.

20. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Does anyone know anything else about the DICE units just dropping out in mid operation? I see the response to the other unit displaying similar symptoms was to swap it out with a new one. Since mine was just purchased on 9/7/07 I assume it is the latest gen software but can check.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in yet again the other day and it worked for about an hour then skipped the last 50% of 7 consecutive songs before starting to work again for another 30 minutes. Then it dropped out completley in the middle of a song and my radio went to AM which is what happens when the SAT signal goes bye bye.

The unit doesn't want to seem to come back at all like it has in the past so it appears my only option is to pull my trim apart yet again and unplug and re-plug the unit back up to "reboot" it. Are these units this poorly made that I will have to do this continuously?

If so I will probably just return it and go back to the AUX input and buy a car charger. I lose steering wheel control and radio, bluetooth integration but right now my DICE is merely a $150 iPod charger so it seems like a fair trade, LOL.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Chris