1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE Prius iPod Integration Unit now works for the 2006!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Danny, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What's the number on the bottom? That would tell you what version it is.

2. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Sep 15 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]513118[/snapback]</div>
    The unit was puchased from PriusChat on 8/25/07 and installed on 9/7/07. It is an I-TOYOTA-R model with barcode A00065-0606. Hopefully this is what you wanted to know.

I am sure when i re-install it today it will work for a few songs possibly an hour or more but will die again. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
    Chris

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CBarr @ Sep 16 2007, 06:00 AM) [snapback]513271[/snapback]</div>

Yea, that's a pretty new one. PM me your contact and mailing info and I can setup a swap.

4. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Sep 17 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]513788[/snapback]</div>

do you know anyone who can install this for me, i'm terrible with this type of thing, i'm in socal.

5. Family Hybrid

Family Hybrid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I had to uninstall my DICE unit. I recently added a factory XM unit to the vehicle. The volume started to fade in & out. There was also a clicking noise coming through the speakers. When I disconnected the DICE these symptoms stopped. As soon as I plugged the DICE back in, the problems returned. This was without having my iPod attached.

6. acdii

acdii Active Member

I moved mine to the lower glove box so I can plug it in when I want to use the Ipod, otherwise I leave it unplugged.

7. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ACD @ Oct 27 2007, 04:21 PM) [snapback]531337[/snapback]</div>
    I'd like to have the same thing done, good stuff.

8. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Family Hybrid @ Oct 27 2007, 01:39 PM) [snapback]531289[/snapback]</div>

How did you have the DIP switch settings? You may have caused a conflict.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MJGreen @ Oct 27 2007, 06:28 PM) [snapback]531377[/snapback]</div>

Easily done. Remove the radio bracket, drill hole - and get a rubber gromet. Done!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MJGreen @ Oct 27 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]531256[/snapback]</div>

If I'm in town for the next meet I can do it for you right then and there. Takes me 20 mins.

9. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I will of course have to purchase it first. I'll need to prioritize my wish list, :)

10. romad

romad 2004 Prīus Base Former Owner (Sold 13 May 22)

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure if this is the right place but I have a question regarding DICE products. efusco referred me to this thread.

According to the DICE website the Prius has limitation #2, but then only limitation #1 is listed! Anyone know what #2 is supposed to be?

I sent DICE an email but they haven't responded.

The reason I want to know is I'm researching various ways of connecting my portable electronics to my wife's Prius. Here are the parameters: 2004 base audio, NO CD changer, NO cassette. Portable electronic devices I want to connect: Delphi MyFi XM radio, 5th gen iPod, iPhone. Not all at the same time however.

11. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(romad @ Oct 29 2007, 10:27 AM) [snapback]531996[/snapback]</div>

You're not going to have any limitations with that setup. It will work fine, and you can plug in the XM radio into the AUX jack of the DICE kit.

12. romad

romad 2004 Prīus Base Former Owner (Sold 13 May 22)

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Oct 29 2007, 03:22 PM) [snapback]532061[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks. Now if only we can find out what is the "Limitation #2" mentioned in the Toyota Install pdf located at http://support.diceelectronics.com/files/toyota_install.pdf

I just thought of something else: Has anyone had to use a ground-loop isolater with this kit? The Radio Shack model uses RCA connections and I prefer to use mini-plugs/jacks

13. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(romad @ Oct 29 2007, 07:05 PM) [snapback]532240[/snapback]</div>

I use a ground loop int on my XM radio, it's just another step, but very easy to do. very effective too.

14. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(romad @ Oct 29 2007, 07:05 PM) [snapback]532240[/snapback]</div>

Ignore it. It doesn't affect you. It's for people who have a 2nd CD deck.

15. jhleung

jhleung New Member

Hello,

Has there been a definitive reply as to whether or not the new 6G iPods (I just bought an 80GB iPod Classic) work well with the DICE integration unit? There was an earlier post that said that no problems were anticipated with the 6Gs, but I don't think there was a *definitive* answer.

I have an '05 Prius with NAV that I'd like to order a Dice for ..... PS - what's the best way to order a DICE to ensure that I have the latest rev? (I don't know what distribution channels DICE uses and what inventory levels each channel has, hence I'm asking this question).

I know I can buy the DICE through priuschat.com ....

Thanks

jhleung

16. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jhleung @ Nov 4 2007, 11:37 PM) [snapback]534843[/snapback]</div>

All the newer iPods remain locked, so you'll only be able to change the music from the headunit and steering wheel of the car itself.

17. esskay

esskay Junior Member

Can anyone (or Vagabond) help me please?

I have a 2006 Pkg #7 (nav, in-deck changer, JBL, bluetooth) with factory Sirius Sat radio (that I don't use and is not active).

I bought a DICE I-TOYOTA-R unit (marked #65 from the back of the unit).

One deviation from other posted installation guides I noticed is that my DICE unit came with a Toyota specific cable that had the Y male/female on one end, and on the other a connector that plugs DIRECTLY into the DICE unit, rather than connecting again to another universal cable that then connects into the DICE.

When it is connected without the Sirius radio plugged in, nothing comes through whatsoever in any audio modes.

When the Sirius radio is plugged into the Y-connection, the iPod audio comes through the SAT input with no Prius controls working (the screen just shows SAT Deactivated). I can use the iPod controls, it goes through the Sync process on bootup, and turns on/off with the car but it doesn't pause when I go on bluetooth for a phone call. It appears to play through whether the DICE unit dip switches is set in MD, SAT, or MP3 mode. In none of these modes does any sort of CD changer type of display appear to allow me to control the iPod through the steering wheel or MFD controls. iPod controls are always active on the device. The volume line output is pretty low compared to other inputs (i.e. I have to crank up the volume from the iPod to get to the same level as the radio or CD).

I have made sure to disconnect the DICE unit each time I change the DIP settings, and I have even pulled the DOME fuse a couple time between changes. Nothing helps. And it will take more hours than I've already spent to continue trying every single permutation with disconnects and fuse pulls between each one. I've spent half the day futzing around with it, so pretty frustrated...

So at this point, the DICE unit only functions as a direct AUX connection for my iPod. I have an iPod video and an older iPod Nano. Both function the same.

Would appreciate any assistance that anyone (or Vagabond?) can provide. Thanks much!!

18. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Crutchfield makes one that uses Mini-Plugs.

19. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(esskay @ Nov 7 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]536421[/snapback]</div>
    What model is your Prius, and do you have the newer or older style MFD?

20. esskay

esskay Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Nov 8 2007, 09:13 AM) [snapback]536763[/snapback]</div>
    It's an 2006 pkg 7 (JBL, indeck 6 disc changer, aux input, nav, bluetooth) plus factory installed Sirius which I didn't activate with newer style MFD.

Thanks Vagabond.