1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE Silverline exchange info

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Vagabond, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    OK! The old kit to Silverline exchange info!

Customers who purchased the DICE kit after December 16th, 2007 can do a free upgrade including shipping and handling. Regular exchange policy applies - customer can send in the module first and then we send him one at no cost, or customer can go through the online RMA, or be charged for the replacement and refunded upon receipt of their return. We do NOT send out prepaid labels so customer may return the regular DICE module. Express shipping is charged at $14.99 - ground shipping as I said is free.

Customers who purchased the DICE unit since August 18th, 2007 may do an upgrade for $50, same shipping policy applies as above.

Customers who purchased the DICE unit before August 18th, 2007 may purchase the DICE Silverline for $99, same shipping policies apply as above.

Upgrade program is running until February 29th, 2008. This will be done through DICE only! Don't contact Danny/Priuschat for this, he can't help you.

Also, I have to leave DICE & this will be my last week here. A lot of family stuff has come up because of my grandmother dying so I'm gonna go take care of it all. I'll try and sort through all my PM's and Emails from the past 3 weeks, but if the week ends and you don't hear from me, you'll be hearing from the person taking over for me.

I'll still be here in a personal capacity since I don't (ever) plan on selling my Prius. I'll continue to post my usual brand of tongue-in-cheek answers as ever.

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Those who have 08 Toyota's:

Don't worry, you're exempt from paying for the update. If you have PM'd me your info for exchange, I'll get to it and you can expect something in your email box sometime this week. If you don't want to wait or you don't hear from me by the end of the week, email or call DICE directly. If you call or email, be sure to mention that you have an 2008 model and you need a SILVERLINE. Exchanging for the old kit won't help you. Thanks for your patience.

3. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

Do you have a video of this working on a Prius? Do you also separately have details of what is different and how this works?

4. mkiefer83

mkiefer83 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Let me be the first to say thanks for all the tech help (and (snarky) answers) you've provided for all of us in trying to figure out our giant electronic toys.

All the best to you and and yours in whatever it is that you pursue.

5. lakerholic

lakerholic New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    May be off-topic but if I buy one from diceelectronics.com or from the Prius Chat shop, will I be getting the Silverline model?

Also, does the Silverline model purport to fix the MFD issues for those of us with XM/Sirius integration?

6. ToddWess

ToddWess New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So very sorry to hear about the family difficulties. Thanks for taking the time to help sort out this issue, while going through a bad patch.

Will keep you in my prayers.

Mine is ready to send back. Does it go to the same address?
    VR,
    Todd

7. thepersk

thepersk New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So if I just purchased a Dice unit but have not received it yet, do I owe an extra $50 for the newer one, or are you just sending out the newest model when it becomes available?

8. heyjude421

heyjude421 thread bumper

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm in the same situation, and I'm fairly certain the holdup has been that the Shop was waiting for delivery of the new units. In other words, you should be getting the new unit.

9. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A video would be awesome...

10. dhalem

dhalem New Member

I have it installed now and I can try and make a video this weekend and put it on YouTube. I'm still a little confused by the UI of the unit.

- Dan

11. LanMan66

LanMan66 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well, I just got off the phone with support at Dice Electronics. I'm hoping the guy I talked to just doesn't know what he's talking about. He claimed to have NO knowledge of a free upgrade program for '08 users. He told me that it would be a $50 upgrade. He did take down my name and number and said he would check into it and get back with me, but I haven't heard back from him yet. When I mentioned the posts by Vagabond, he didn't even hesitate before jumping in with "Vagabond is no longer with the company" which kind of worries me.

I also just sent off an email to [email protected] asking about the upgrade program and copied Vagabond's two posts from above into the email. Hopefully I'll get some good news back, but I'll post back here with the results of my inquiry as soon as I get them.

12. clm

clm New Member

I have an 2008 Prius, I have PM you my info. In face I'm the one who started the thread about the DICE not working in the 2008 model.
    I'm not sure what I need to do! Do I need to do anything or will a new Silver DICE be in my mail box soon?
    Curtis Myers
    clm:confused:

13. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I shot a video installation today, i have trouble with my unit, once I get the whole thing working I'll complete the video with a tutorial, assuming it works right.

14. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

Post what you have so far. If nothing else it would be interesting.

15. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

I bought a DICE unit March 1st, 2007 for my 2007 Prius Tour Package 3 (yes bluetooth, no nav).

I called DICE this morning and they gave me an upgrade price of $99 for the Silver so I ordered it. It is shipping ground so it will probably be here in a week.

Note that they said not to bother sending the old unit back to them because it is too old.

16. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i was in touch via email with them, mine was bought 1/5/08, hopefully they will hook me up with something that works,

I will work on the video footage as fast as I can, editing takes a lot of time, maybe I'll just throw it up without editing so you all can see what I did, and all my battle wounds, LOL

17. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Same here (I got my DICE in May 2006). Since this is going within So Cal it should arrive tomorrow or Thursday. I did get the tracking number.

18. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm tempted. But even though I bought just around a year ago, the thing never really worked right from the start. Well enough, yes, but "right"? No. $99 seems a bit much just to get something to work right... :/

19. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

$99 is for the added features that I will be getting with the new version. That's why I'm upgrading.

20. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    did you have to send the wiring harness AND the unit, or just the unit?