1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE Silverline exchange info

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Vagabond, Feb 4, 2008.

1. shar1950

shar1950 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I live in canada and I too bought a dice in may\07 . It would not work , I sent it back to Danny in July\07 and Danny at priusshop sent me a replacement in Aug \07. I sent e-mails to vagabond and still waiting for reply. I would like to up grade to the new unit too. Is the trade in available to priuschat shop buyers too ?

2. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

THEY HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL TO ME, [email protected]

3. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Does anyone know if this Dice Silverline has corrected the apparent manufacturing/programming problem with the Dice units?

I have exchanged Dice units in the past and they all do the same thing. Which is play for a few minutes up to an hour or so then begin skipping songs and then drop out of SAT mode into AM.

The only way to get the Dice working again is to unplug the power and plug it back up, essentially "rebooting" it. Then it will do the same thing again and again and again. These old units are simply junk, in my opinion.

I am currently using mine as a charger only and actually play my iPod through the Aux input because I got tired of constantly popping my vent cover off to "reboot" mine. $150 or whatever is a heck of an expensive charger I know but exchanging the stupid things takes weeks and weeks and the new ones aren't any better. Besides I worry about wearing out the plastic clips on my vent cover, LOL.

It would be nice if Dice admitted they have a problem and start replacing the defective units with the "Silverlines" but then again that is assuming they are any better.

I will be waiting to hear if there is any positive feedback on these new units.

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    What year is your Prius?

Well, on my 2005, my old DICE worked quite well and never stopped playing or froze up. The Silverline works fine, but for some reason it's album driven, so there's a good possibility that the playlist won't run in order of what you had set up in iTunes. I solved that by putting a 01-, 02-, etc to the beginning of each line in front of the album. Time comsuming, but I can zip to any song, playlist, artist and album with the tuning knob.

5. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have a 2006 Prius with Nav, Bluetooth, Backup camera, etc... 97,000 miles.

Dice has never worked from Day 1 like so many other people on here.

6. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm hoping my experience will be different after the return, I certainly plan on posting the install and review once all is finished, I will post for you all to view.

7. dumas

dumas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It didn't work on my 2006/Nav either. Eventually DICE replaced it with the new Silverline model, which has been working just fine for a week or so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.