1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE Stopped Working After Repairs in Shop

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by beach1957, Dec 23, 2009.

1. beach1957

beach1957 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just purchased a used 2005 Prius with navigation yesterday. It came equipped with DICE so that we could listen to our iPod through the car stereo. I had to take it to the dealer yesterday to have some work done so it would pass inspection. They had to remove the dashboard to replace the parking brake pedal assembly because the parking brake light would not go out. Now I can't get my iPod to work with the DICE. It doesn't even seem to recognize it. Is it possible that some wires became disconnected during the repair? Or could the technician have done something to cause it to stop working? If so, should the dealer be responsible for fixing it? Since the previous owner did the installation, I have no idea what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

2. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm no electronics expert, but if the original owner installed his DICE unit like I did mine, it simply plugs into a jack into the back of your stereo. If they took the dash apart, it's very possible that the DICE unit became unplugged, and since it's not standard equipment on the Prius, perhaps they didn't know to plug it back in.