1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did NAV and Bluetooth get fixed?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by CBarr31, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey Chris - if you let me know in a PM who your case manager was I can reach out to the team and let them know your concerns.

RCO and Prodigyplace like this.
  2. liquidtenmillion

liquidtenmillion Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't get the concern.

The distraction is from YOU trying to have complex technical conversations while driving and using the NAV on top of everything.

Pull over to have your complex technical conversations and you won't feel so distracted. The NAV has never distracted me, but like a sane person I limit my conversations to those which require less attention than my 3000 pound death machine.

tomcornell and Prodigyplace like this.
  3. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe you thought the person you'd quoted in your previous message had just replied to you. Unfortunately, it wasn't, it was @Prius Team who are the official Toyota staff member for USA. Now, that's the kind of daft thing I'm likely to do, but I suspect he'll be understanding when he knows what's happened.

4. baoweezy

baoweezy New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think what he's saying is that the Bluetooth is useless for calls if you are using the navi at same time. Any call, not just his "complex technical conversation". It could be a call from the wife, mother, friend, any call. He would have to pause or cancel the navi guidance but in order to do that he would have to fiddle with the touchscreen and press all the needed buttons to pause/cancel navi.

MikeDee and RCO like this.
  5. Deb S

Deb S New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I have been reporting this exact issue with my 2013 Prius Personna to the dealership since I purchased it new in Spring 2013. It disconnects the bluetooth and/or stops mid navigation. The screen goes black and it like "re-boots" Does is pretty much ever time I get in the care -- on a call; be it my mom, a client, my husband, my boss... doesn't discriminate based on the urgency of the message. It does is so much during navigation that I long ago quit using the navigation and turned to my phone navigation. (yes I am sorry I paid extra for this feature on the car!). The dealership has researched it, installed updates, had me disconnect my phone (3-4 different phones) & reconnect, and even replaced the entire radio/navi system one time. Nothing has changed. I am beyond fed up with it and have even considered an after market system. I don't know another living soul who has this problem with their navigation or bluetooth on their cars. It seems like I paid quite a premium to have this fancy system so I could do my sales job more easily and it was a total bust. Very disappointed with Toyota for not handling this and taking care of me. I wonder if @Prius Team will get in touch with me and take care of this aggravating issue.