1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did the Clicking surgery. Goi'n in.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by ItZGr8t!, Mar 4, 2017.

1. m.wynn

m.wynn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    At 100k miles, my 2010's intake was fully sludged and the car symptomatic of such. At 137k now and the car still doesn't burn any detectable amount of oil. I would agree that oil burning via bad control rings could exacerbate the EGR circuit issue, but I'm gonna have to maintain the Gen 3 cooled EGR is plenty flawed in design all on it's own. At least with regard to my car...

Have fun at the maintenance party, gents, sounds like good fun. You should "live stream" or something. Is Skype still a thing?.. Yeah, I'm that up on modern electronics.:rolleyes:

Raytheeagle likes this.
  2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I don't think it is just your car, but I will be curious to see what @Rebound 's looks like as the volumetric redesigned intake manifold is present on the 2012.

Not sure on the technology advancements myself (I just got out of a flip phone last year, so I am a bad one to ask(n)).

If @NutzAboutBolts attends, we'll have a great source for sharing the experience and potentially adding another video to their channel(y).

m.wynn likes this.
  3. ItZGr8t!

ItZGr8t! Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks for all of the helpful info guys but please make your own thread regarding EGR, intake, etc... thanks for understanding.

Attached Files:

#23 ItZGr8t!, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017