1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did the new Chevy Volt Debut yet?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Volty, Apr 18, 2007.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Volty @ Apr 19 2007, 07:57 PM) [snapback]426510[/snapback]</div>
    I think everybody here will agree with everything in the above paragraph. We are indeed on the verge of a paradigm shift. And alternative fuels do have to work, or we are in deep doo-doo. And GM did have an electric car years ago, and by all reports it was a great car. (Darell had one, though he had to pull strings to get it, because GM was turning away buyers, as though it was trying to find perfect homes for a litter of kittens rather than building cars for people to drive.)

And it is precisely because GM had a great EV and then took them all back and crushed them, for no apparent reason that so many people on this board believe that GM is being dishonest whenever it talks of EV's or hybrids.

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. ozyran

ozyran New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Apr 18 2007, 10:09 PM) [snapback]425734[/snapback]</div>
    You mean like this?

[​IMG]

(Image courtesy Wikipedia)

[rant]
    I'm going to ignore GM and their Volt concept. It's a bunch of crap that they haven't released a fuel-efficient hybrid vehicle by now and it's even more foolishness that their CEO is whining about increasing fuel economy!

GM keeps banking on their guzzling Suburbans, Tahoes, Silverados, and Colorados. Yes, Colorados. Mine only averaged 13 mpg on a good day in town. They promised economy in the Colorado? They LIED.

Now, they intend to sell us another useless car: the Camaro! Do they think we've all reverted back to our teenage years and now ignore the rising cost of fuel? They're pushing it forward while holding back the Volt.

Every time I hear about the domestic carmakers offering some new concept I get disgusted because they don't deliver. Even if the hybrids really did lose a few MPG (in theory; however, I think we've completely beat to death the EPA's testing procedures), at least Toyota's out there, pushing the forefront of technology! They even give you 3 hybrids to choose from!
    [/rant]

Sorry about the rant, but I get passionate about the subject. When will the domestic manufacturers learn?

4. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ozyran @ Apr 23 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]428784[/snapback]</div>
    wow... Wikipedia can copyright stuff? Even stuff that isn't theirs? And who is "they" anyway??? Hmmm.

Ah, never mind. Wikipedia doesn't hold the copyright. All is well. ;)

Want to see all the pictures of the crushed EV1's? Want me to point out mine?
    http://evnut.com/ev1_crushed.htm

5. ozyran

ozyran New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Apr 23 2007, 11:52 PM) [snapback]428830[/snapback]</div>
    "They" would be General Motors. The supposed city mileage for the model I had was 18 mpg. Supposed highway mileage was 22. Well, I managed 26.5 mpg on the highway, and then it goes down to 13 mpg in the city? What the heck? I expected an average of about 20 mpg, not 13. Even if they didn't really lie to me, I still feel they LIED. Maybe 18 mpg in Nofrictionville, where conditions are ideal all the time. Well, the 2005 Colorado went bye-bye and 1997 Toyota Tacoma took its place. I think I've got the better vehicle of the two.

As for the copyright thing, I fixed my mistake :D