1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did the previous owner scam me?

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by some_what1, Feb 17, 2024.

1. some_what1

some_what1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys, I've recently bought a 2013 Aqua/Prius C here in Pakistan and when I bought it there's this company that checks the car for you and gives you a detailed report of the car. That report said that there's "wiring issue" in the car and I thought that could just be the aftermarket cruise and blinker sounds not working, so we bought it.

Today I decided to fix the cruise control myself and after watching a lot of videos and reading a lot of forums on priuschat I opened the steering wheel and found this clip taped up and not inserted where it should be and when I took the tape off there was a resistor in it. I inserted the clip as is inside the port and when I turned on the car the airbag light was showing. I removed the resistor and inserted it back in and still it would show the airbag sign. I then removed the clip from the port and attached the resistor to it like it previously was and the light went away.

My question is that could this mean that the car was in a crash and he didn't wanna activate the airbags because it's expensive?

Ps I took some pics but this subreddit isn't letting me attach any photos and my English isn't that good to explain it better than I already have.

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds like the airbag was spent and not replaced, wiring hack done to make it look as though there's still a functional system.

vvillovv and some_what1 like this.
  3. some_what1

some_what1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    So what's the process of getting my airbags functional again?

4. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Messin with AirBags is kinda dangerous. And if you do it wrong it can kill, maim or cause in jury

5. Sonic_TH

Sonic_TH Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Mmm if you want to be sure if your Prius C was in an accident, open the bonnet and take a look there the hood latches, where the condenser is located, if there was an accident you should see that the metal bar that goes all the way down is bent. Try also looking at the sides, where the headlights are, if you see anything bent, or with a different color than the car, something happened more likely, if you can post pictures that would help. Thank you.