1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did, your Prius see it's shadow today?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by SAPrius, Feb 2, 2006.

1. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Being "Groundhog Day", I was wondering if your Prius saw it's shadow at sunrise?

According to weather folklore, if no shadow is seen, cloudy skies represent weather trends indicating rain and an early spring. However, if the skies are clear, high pressure and cold temperatures bring six more weeks of winter.

So, did your Prius see its shadow today?

Mine did and I suppose this means six more weeks of winter. But heck, its going to be 80 degrees today in sunny San Antonio!

How about you?

Have I repeated this already? :D

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I really don't know as I arrived at work before dawn. And since it doesn't tell me about its day when I get out of work, I guess I'll never know. :unsure:
    Based on the odor, I AM sure that the animal that came out in the early hours today was black and white, not brown. This 'still Fall, or is it now Spring" winter we are having is really bizzarre. Must be global warming from all the yahoos that are bitching about the price of gas and STILL letting their cars idle while they are gone "only a few minutes". :rolleyes:

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Yes, and it's gonna cost me.

This was its first Gas Hog Day, and I had prepared it by explaining about seeing its shadow. I didn't want it to freak.

As the sun rose, the Prius trembled for a few seconds, then fell totally silent. I checked vital signs and quickly saw the Triangle of Death displayed. I breathed mouth-to-mouth into it, refusing to believe that a car so new could expire so readily.

Finally its "ready" light flickered weakly, then came on. It was alive!

"W-w-what's wrong?" I cried. "Do you feel sick?"

"Look at my shadow!" moaned the Prius, nodding toward the still-distinct shadow. "Long and lumpy! I thought that overnight I had turned into a Hummer!"

Now I have to spring for therapy. It's not covered under the warranty.

4. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "Gas Hog Day" - I love it!

So, how does this sound?

On "Gas Hog Day", you drive to the gas station and park beneath the towering sign displaying today's price per gallon. If your Prius falls inside the sign's shadow, you'll experience six more weeks of rising fuel costs.

However, if you park your Prius in the sun, six more weeks of lame excuses dismissing exorbitant oil profits are sure to follow!

Yeah, that's it!

Or, should that be six months instead of six weeks? :unsure: