1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Diff. Color Coolant

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Prius2010california, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Prius2010california

Prius2010california New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a Prius 2010 and the original engine coolant is Pink Colored (as sold by toyota). I realized the level was slightly below minimum, so I bought the Green colored Anti/Freeze Coolant to top it off. Within minutes, without turning on the engine, I read that it was a mistake to mix coolants. I sucked out 90% of the green coolant out but some of it is still in there. Should I take it to the mechanic to have them drain out the entire coolant? Or should it be ok since there's only a little bit in there? Any help would be great! Thank you

Attached Files:

2. sillylilwabbit

sillylilwabbit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Do that to a German car, which also comes with the pink stuff, if I remember correctly, it will turn into slime.

iPhone ?

3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    " I sucked out 90% of the green coolant out but some of it is still in there. "

Is the green immiscible with the pink?

4. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    IProbably ok, IF you thoroughly emptied the reservoir tank before starting the engine, then refill it with the proper coolant. Otherwise, a total drain and refill might be prudent.

5. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Read the bottle ,if it's compatible with long lasting coolant I wouldn't worry about it