1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Difference in Audio quality?

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by priusandquiet, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Masterloc

Masterloc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    but doesn't the c2 only have 2 speakers and 2 tweeters. There's no speakers in the back at all. only the front can hear good sound while the people in the back suffers. But since you're the driver, I guess you don't really care what the back passengers hear

2. MoarMPGplz

MoarMPGplz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The c1 is the model that has only 4 speakers...2 full-range and 2 tweeters up front, and no speakers in the rear. Models c2-c4 have the 6 speaker setup...4 full-range (front and back) and 2 tweeters up front. FWIW, I used to have the 2012 Prius c2 and now have a 2016 Prius c2, I can tell the 2012 stock sound system sounded better to me...more low-end oomph than the 2016 stock sound system. Neither one has what I would consider, deep bass though. In the 2016 model, now I have to really crank up the bass and lower the mid/high settings in order to get a better bass response, otherwise, if left at default settings, there's hardly any bass and sounded very hollow/tinny.

3. wigmann

wigmann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 2015 C4. when I removed the speakers I was shocked at what crap quality they were. Replaced them with OEM Audio Plus Refrence speakers. Huge improvement.

4. RefrigeratedVaporTrap

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    2013 C2.

To me, audio sounds great. Better than my other car (1992 Buick Roadmaster Wagon with nice aftermarket head unit), and a lot better than the car my C replaced (1999 Chevy Metro with terrible aftermarket head unit).

I suppose my standards are pretty low. I'm definitely no audiophile.

5. Jason C

Jason C New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have had several other cars, and these speakers are by for the lousiest I have ever had. I can tweak the fader and eq to get them to a mediocre sound, but far from good.

I am ordering the system from OEM Audio Plus. Their system is practically the same system I installed in my F150 from Kicker. That system changed out the 5x8s and added a 10" sub and a dsp/amp. It sounded phenomenal. So, can't wait for the oem audio system to get here.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. wigmann

wigmann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Ive had the OEM Audio Plus system for about a year now. it is an awesome sounding system. Daniel at OEM is a great guy to deal with. I would recomend this system for any prius C

7. Gasoholic

Gasoholic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I don't know, my 2016 Prius C 3 has pretty good sound, for a stock system. Certainly not poor quality in my opinion.
    gasoholic

8. wigmann

wigmann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

9. wigmann

wigmann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I thought mine sounded good too. when i took the speakers out of the door I realized how crappy they were.

10. Gasoholic

Gasoholic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Well, the speakers may or may not be the finest quality, but the sound from them is pretty good, at least in my opinion. I have heard much worse in other cars.
    Gasoholic