1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Difference in Mud Guards from PC Shop

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by ZPriusv5, Aug 27, 2012.

1. ZPriusv5

ZPriusv5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Anyone have any compare/contrast of the two OEM mudguard products that are listed in the Priuschat shop?

PriusChat Shop : 2012 Toyota Prius v Mudguards Mud Flaps [00016-47005] - $89.00
    These Mud Flaps – Splash Guards for the 2012 Toyota Prius v Hybrid wagon may be just what your vehicle is missing in order to keep it safe from unwanted scratches, chips and debris. These Toyota Prius v Mud Flaps Splash Guards will protect your Hybrid, and keep it looking new. Instructions included. Toyota SET U.S.A OEM. Set of 4.​
    Features
    With the consumer in mind, Toyota created a Splash Guards that blend into the design of the Prius v, and still be extremely functional. These Mud Flaps will protect the side of your Prius from rock chips, scratches and scrapes while keeping it clean from mud, dirt, dust and tar.​
    Fits all 2012 Prius v models.​

PriusChat Shop : 2012 Toyota Prius v OEM Mudguards [PU060-47111-P1] - $119.00
    Help protect your paint from damaging stones, tar and, yes – mud – with a set of front and rear mudguards. Designed to integrate with your Prius v’s styling, these durable mudguards feature corrosion-resistant hardware and are constructed from material that stands up to the rigors of everyday driving.​
    Set of 4​

There was a thread that discussed the OEM as having pockets that collected mud, but both of these products claim to be OEM so it's hard to even know which were discussed: Mudguards | PriusChat.

Anyone who put mudguards on, would you be able to say which model you purchased and what is your feedback?

PvPDX likes this.
  2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I bought the lower cost version for my 2012 v and they fit fine and have the same pocket my "factory" mudguards have on my 08. Neither have collected anything more than dust.

ZPriusV5 likes this.
  3. PvPDX

PvPDX Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Does anyone have an answer to the difference between these two mud guards?

4. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Doesn't make any difference.
    All the evidence says that the "PC shop" is defunct......although the automated process to take your payment seems to be working just fine.

5. PvPDX

PvPDX Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just ordered and received 3 items from them last week. One was drop shipped from Weathertech and two were shipped from a Toyota dealer in Florida. The whole process was flawless.

6. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Are you the new owner/operator of Priuschat.com ??

Unless and until we hear from that person or persons, I remain skeptical.
    If there really is a live person at the helm, THEY should be answering your question.

I think yours is the ONLY positive report we have gotten in the last 6 months or so.

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Ordering difficulties aside, mud flaps are kinda useless. I've had them on a slew of Hondas: they snag, trap sludge, promote rust. Anything that's optional, is often for good reason, lol.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  8. PvPDX

PvPDX Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I did email and call to ask the difference and got no response from either. Both of the items were shipped Priority mail for free and the Weathertech item was drop shipped from here in Oregon. I did order mud flaps, the 0016-47005 set. They look great, Made in Canada but I was curious the difference between these and the others.

[

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know about the Prius v cause the photos look the same. For the Gen 3 Prius, there were two versions - US and Euro. US is the OEM one for our cars and it's shorter. The Euro ones are longer. (I have the Euro ones cause I thought the USDM ones were too short and don't block the snow like I need the mudguards to do).

PvPDX likes this.