1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Difference in Package 5 with leather added or package 6?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jonjonbear, Sep 10, 2007.

1. jonjonbear

jonjonbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello group.
    Have a 2008 Touring on order, we ordered the package 6. The '08's have not arrived down here in Texas yet so I am constantly looking at the local dealers to see what they have in the '07's. It looks like almost all of them are package 5 with the leather upgrade (which was what we test drove) and the salesman pointed out the seats had the liquicell feature. I asked him if the package six also has that and he said "it should" but didn't know for sure. I know when you look up the feature packages, in the package six it just says leather but on the "leather upgrade" it actually says "with liquicell technology" so I am stumped..It seems the only difference between the two would be a leather wrapped steering wheel.
    Anyone out here with a package six '07 or '08 can tell me if they have the liquicell? The car we drove actually had tags on the seat..
    Thanks!
    John

2. hoop

hoop On The South Texas Coast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonjonbear @ Sep 10 2007, 10:13 AM) [snapback]510050[/snapback]</div>
    I have a new touring mag grey 07 that has liquicell, it was a pkg 5 I believe. Bought in San Antonio, Tx.

3. jonjonbear

jonjonbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hoop @ Sep 10 2007, 11:35 AM) [snapback]510091[/snapback]</div>
    That was what I drove..Question is do the package 6 cars (factory, not upgraded) models have the liquicell. Thanks for letting me know yours too is that way as the one we drove..Seems at least all the leather package ones are that way..It's very odd it seems none of the cars they have down here are package 6.. All are 5 with the leather upgrade..

John

4. Sonny Jim

Sonny Jim New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have a 2007 package #6 with factory leather. No liquicell.

5. jonjonbear

jonjonbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sonny Jim @ Sep 10 2007, 03:53 PM) [snapback]510237[/snapback]</div>
    Just my freaking luck..I guess I should have ordered the package 5 w/ leather upgrade..Salesman must not have known..The one we drove had it so wonder just how much difference there is in the factory versus the upgrade w/liquicell..I guess the only thing we would get different would be the leather wrapped steering wheel?

Oh well. Did get good news though..We called yesterday to check on the car and it is sheduled to be here the first of October so I just put our Jetta TDI up for sale.

Thanks for the reply Sonny Jim,
    John

6. sln1967

sln1967 New Member

The leather upgrade/liquicell is installed at the port (Houston) by the distributor (Gulf States Toyota). The package #6 leather is installed at the factory (Japan) and does not include the liquicell. I'm happy with my factory leather, but have never seen/driven the liquicell. Enjoy your new Prius!

Steve

7. jonjonbear

jonjonbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sln1967 @ Sep 11 2007, 08:44 AM) [snapback]510553[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Steve!
    I am sure I will LOVE the car..I really wanted the one we test drove but our Jetta was still on the fritz in Santa Fe NM..It was a package 5 w/leather in Silver pine/gray. It wasn't a touring and that was what I want but it sure was nice..First Prius I had ever been in. We actually ordered an '07 but they said they couldn't get it so put us on the list for the '08. Looks like you have done lots of cool stuff to yours..How does that shark fin affect radio reception?

Thanks!
    John

8. sln1967

sln1967 New Member

Hi John,

My Prius was the first one I had ever been in - love it! No reception problems so far with the shark fin, but I pretty much stick to only a couple of stations. Bought it more for the looks anyway :)

Steve

9. jonjonbear

jonjonbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sln1967 @ Sep 11 2007, 11:40 AM) [snapback]510627[/snapback]</div>
    They are so cool looking for sure..That would be my reason too plus ours will have XM which I am super spoiled with as I have that in the Jetta so will probably never use the radio anyway..

John