1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Different firmware in 08 vs previous models?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by h311b3nt, Oct 7, 2007.

1. h311b3nt

h311b3nt Junior Member

HI all:
    My wife and I just picked up a magnetic gray package 5 last Thursday. We are having a lot of fun with it. I look forward to posting every day as I have with every other forum for every model car that we have had.

I am one of those type of people who like to tinker with everything, so I instantly started changing everything I could (changing the display colors, turning off the navi voice, etc.) I am also considering buying a DICE or a lockpick 3....your suggestions much appreciated.

But I have yet to be able to successfully complete any of the "easter eggs".

Example: the very widely publicized "turn off of the backup beep" is not working for me. Also I am not able to get to the preference screen to remove the navi lock out. I am a pretty technical guy, I am in IT for a living, yet I still not having luck.

Does anyone know if there was a firmware upgrade in the 08s that prevents a lot of the tinkering that is discussed in this forum? Or am I really not as technical as I thought...thanks again

2. Dahgu

Dahgu New Member

Ello! Welcome to Prius Chat, even though I am a newbie myself. :D

I wanted to let you know that I just completed the back-up beep fix myself on my new '08 Mag Grey Touring (Fully optioned) and had no problems. At first, I must have done something wrong, but the 2nd time worked like a champ.

Did you actually start the car or did you do it under Accesory power? I did it only with full power and am not sure it works the other way.

Good luck, and welcome to the Mag Grey club!

3. narf

narf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h311b3nt @ Oct 7 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]522604[/snapback]</div>
    The Navi lockout bypass has been gone since 2006, when they went to the higher res screen.

4. h311b3nt

h311b3nt Junior Member

Ah I see thanks for the update on the navi. That would make sense, I have not been checking the dates when searching the forums. Have to be more careful about that.....

5. withfries2

withfries2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h311b3nt @ Oct 7 2007, 10:19 PM) [snapback]522628[/snapback]</div>
    Hey h311b3nt:

The "turn off backing up beep" hack works fine on the '08 Prius I picked up last week. Keep on trying, the timing is a bit tricky. Wish they just had a user-selectable option on the control panel for these things like the speed sensor and the backup beep. Seems like it would have been a trivial addition to put in a user options screen which you could get to via the MFD.

<Sigh....>

6. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h311b3nt @ Oct 7 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]522604[/snapback]</div>
    I just got my '08 Touring Pkg 6 Prii two weeks ago. I had to try about 5-6 times to get the reverse beep to turn off. Like stated above, I believe its a timing thing. Just keep trying and you'll get it.