1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Different tints - after market?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by MsTee, Mar 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MsTee

MsTee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Just want to check - I"ve just realised that my newly purchased used 2012 i-Tech has different tints on the front and rear windows. The rear windows are darker than the front windows and windscreen - and the hatch window looks as if it's the same as the rear windows (darker).

I'm guessing the rear was an after-market tint. Can anyone confirm that the cars come from the factory with the same tint all around?

Anyway, I like it. And the tint job looks to be excellent, especially if it was done when new (around 4 1/2 years ago).

2. edspecR

edspecR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    they come dealer installed like that. Not sure what the laws are in Australia, but in the states, the front windshield and windows (driver/passenger) have a legal limit as to how much they can be tinted, if at all

3. MsTee

MsTee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Oh, is that right. Thanks, edspecR. It helps keep the car cooler, among other benefits.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If it's a film applied to the glass, and you can tell by looking near the edges of the glass, see where it terminates: it's aftermarket.