1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Difficult Trouble Codes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by TwoPriusInTenn, Mar 1, 2018.

1. TwoPriusInTenn

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Recently had issues with the hybrid battery requiring me to replace a defective cell and the wiring harness inside the hv battery. When everything was back together I was unable to clear the codes with my Techstream, even though I knew I had taken care of the issue. I ultimately ended up taking it to a local shop that specializes in hybrids. The tech told me everything I did looked good. He cleared all codes and all is fine now. My question is are there some codes that are more difficult to clear than others?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yes.

What were the codes you had, by the way?

-Chap

3. TwoPriusInTenn

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Gen 1

P3000-123 & P3030

4. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The codes you've displayed aren't that difficult to clear.
    Its usually the norm, after such a job, to clear any hybrid battery related codes, using a scantool meant for hybrid vehicles.

Only codes that can't be cleared, would be those that have developed into what I call, "hardcore". Meaning, if a problem isn't solved as related to the hybrid battery you fixed, the code would still remain there.