1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Digital Clock not holding time

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by XrunDan, Apr 8, 2022.

1. XrunDan

XrunDan New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Good morning, all! I am the proud new owner of a 2005 with 130k on the odo. The 2005 fits in the garage well with my current 2012 Prius.

I noticed that on my 2005, the digital clock will not hold time. It seems to change time every few times I turn the car on and off.

Also noticed that the headlights do not always turn off once I open the door (after turning the ign off). They will remain on until I close the door, and then re-open it.

Any idea what would cause these issues? The PO changed the 12v battery just before I purchased it from him. Thanks e eryone!

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My Prius clock runs a few minutes fast every half year or so. Is that your issue, or is it starting up as if it lost power and reset to default time?

Regardless, put the 12v on a charger to make sure its fully charged... Also there's a shut down sequence that sometimes goes wrong with loose connections or electronics next to the 12v. The speedometer should show the gear shift indicator turning off last if the the shut down sequence is correct.