1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Digital Dash Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fixitmhn, Feb 27, 2006.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hmmm. dont have the weather cold enough to really comment on this, but i do know that heat kills all electronics and the MFD puts off a lot of it. next time you have been driving around for an extended period of time, just rest your hand on top of the dash over the MFD... it gets pretty warm and that is not a good thing as that heat is what will eventually wear that display out.

seems to me that the most oft replaced MFD happens either in the real hot areas or other places like the mid-atlantic which has the largest change from winter to summer (cold winters and hot summers)

i think it will bear out that moderate climates will help the MFD's longevity. for me, lower end of winter temps are the mid 20's (the lower 40's is typical) and summer high range has the mid 90's (lower 80's is typical) so the predominate range is really only about 40-50º.

2. Chazz D

Chazz D New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    sorry to bump this old thread but this is our first winter we have had our prius (2006) and the first time this week when the temps got around 15 deg f our car did the same exact thing.. No dash lights except signal arrows, and seatbelt warning lights. and no mpg or miles traveled displayed on MFD. It was like that for the first 20 min or so of driving. I have done a bit of searching and have found no answers as to what the problem is. If someone can point me to a thread that has some answers that would be great! :)

We live in NC right now so its not usually this cold, but might be moving back to CO and it is much colder for longer there, so I would like to get this fixed. There has to be something wrong if most other people are not having this problem.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Search for "combination meter". Note especially posts by Patrick Wong.

4. Chazz D

Chazz D New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you much, exactly what I was looking for.

5. pEEf

pEEf Engineer - EV nut

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If your car is out of warranty, I have a solution for this problem. See [this] post.