1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dim Headlights 2012 Prius C

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Elbrad, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Elbrad

Elbrad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hi guys, I've spent the last little bit going through the forums (using the search, so don't get pissed), and while I've found the dim headlights issue prominently, I haven't seen much other than replacing with HID or PIAA lamps.

All the posts seem to be from a few months back, and with the rapid release of new and better LED lamps, I'm wondering if anyone's done their low beams in LED yet, and what the results were.

I'm not ready to drop $100+ on PIAA halogens, and the HID refit seems like it's going to be a PITA, given the small space under the hood.

I do a lot of night driving, so lighting my path is a priority.

2. Elbrad

Elbrad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Fixed the issue today, went and bought a 2-pack of Phillips X-treme Vision lamps at Lordco today. $50 without a discount. They look a LOT better and brighter now.

We'll see how long they last, but for $50, it seemed like a good idea.

TC400 likes this.
  3. w2kpugsly

w2kpugsly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2013 C and I installed opt-7 leds. Huge difference and not too expensive. The only downside is they are a bit noisy with the cooling fan on each bulb. I don't care as the light output is great.

Side note: I have them for my high beams too. With this configuration the drl's are basically running on high beam mode, so I just turn on my lights (for visibility). But at night I can really light up the road with the high beams engaged.

4. Elbrad

Elbrad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Unfortunately, up here in the Great White North, DRL's are on whenever the car is on...I'd be blinding everyone!

5. John Sayre

John Sayre New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I changed the bulbs in my 2013 Prius for LEDs. Wow, what a difference. I got the LED's on ebay and they came with the ballast and the no error wires, they also came with reverse wires if needed. It was the most complete kit around and the price was only 39.95 free shipping. Love my new lights , one year replacement if fail. Ebay or amazon have lots to pick from. I am now looking for some LED turn signals.