1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dim Passenger Side Headlight Help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Skodobah1, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Skodobah1

Skodobah1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi! The passenger side headlight of my 2013 burned out, bulb was replaced (Sylvania H11 Extravision), and it looked dimmer than previous. I replaced the bulb again and the result is the same--it looks like the headlight has a film on it, and that the light is aiming out to the side rather than at the road. Could the entire headlamp be misaligned, or the bulb not seated correctly? Trying to avoid taking this to a shop and feeling frustrated as this is the difficult side of the car for light replacement. I appreciate any wisdom and tips. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If the left side looks to be working correctly, then I would inspect both bulbs and see if they are mounted the same in the headlight assemblies. A tip would be to compare the position of the electrical connectors - AFAIK it should the same on both sides.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Skodobah1 likes this.
  3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It is probably installed wrong, at an angle. If it is not correctly mounted, it can melt the plastic mounting area, so correctly seat that bulb pronto.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Skodobah1 likes this.