1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dimmer dial acting up

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Ryan08, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Ryan08

Ryan08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    2012 Prius v- when I roll up (or down) the dimmer dial (with headlights on) nothing happens. I noticed last night when driving that my touchscreen kind of lit up a couple notches on its own. I messed with the dial and it worked after a few rolls up and down. Today though, nothing. However the light on the “power” button does +/- when dialing up and down. Just not the instrument panel or touchscreen.

I hope I explained that well enough, sorry from the noob!

thanks for any input.

2. Ryan08

Ryan08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Edit: Just thinking about this some more: I checked this afternoon when daylight. It was still mostly daylight when I noticed yesterday as well (but raining). Could the contrast on the instrument panel not be noticeable until dark out?

3. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Not sure about it,

but if it is still light out and you want to test darkness,
    you could cover up the little sensor far up on the dash crack by the windshield?

4. Ryan08

Ryan08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Yep that was it. When I put my hand over the little circle the dial worked. Thank you!!

5. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sweet.

I dont think I would have known that ever, except I have finally cleaned out my garage to be able to
    park my cars in lol, and backing in my Gen3 I notice when it hits the threshold of that sensor it auto dims
    And pulling out it gets bright.

Ryan08 likes this.