1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Directional Flasher????Too Quiet

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by artieb, May 8, 2011.

1. Rocco42

Rocco42 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hook up an amplifier and microphone to the relay, say 500 watts, and tie it into the sound system.

Turn down your tunes, and use your eyes. The dashboard is right there in plain view with a green arrow blinking. Wake up, and stop being distracted by other things. That's the best, and cheapest way to do this.

2. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think it is, they aren't normally considered throw away parts like light bulbs are.

The only turn signal flasher I have changed in the last 30+, maybe 50+ years is one in my GMC S-15 pickup that was buried in the dashboard. I couldn't hear it so I remote mounted it and glued it to the back of a blank switch plate on the dashboard and that acted like sounding board.

3. scottmcphee

scottmcphee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's a more direct answer: It is possible to drill a series of small holes in the case of the existing flasher (removed from the car and case taken off). I've experimented with this for some people who wanted their flashers louder. Works fine!

In fact, some OE Denso flashers come with holes "predrilled" in them for this purpose of making them louder. Don't waste your money trying to find the part number, and paying the bux for that. Just drill the one you got.

Low tech solution. Works quite well.