1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dirt on sills under doors

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PriusRos, Apr 9, 2016.

1. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I didn't know the 2010 came in brown... :LOL:

Tideland Prius likes this.
  2. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That's interesting!

3. prius_deep

prius_deep Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't like it when [DonDNH}...the seal between the door glass and the door... is not snug; like in my 2016, because you can not clean your windows of outside water droplets, fog, etc. by opening and closing the windows.

one time after arriving at work [parking lot is slightly sloped] I opened my door[driver side] and my 2016 took a long leak.

another time on my way to work I could hear water sloshing around somewhere when I would come to a stop or come off a stop; got to work opened my door - nothing. after work on the way home I could hear the water sloshing around. got home found [Coast Cruiser]...black rubber things on each side of the slit are little cushions...; used screw driver to unstick them from door, and also poke open drain holes - again my 2016 took a long leak.

4. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My Prius has the dirt on the sills issue - almost always the dirtiest spot on wash day. But, I have never noticed any water in the doors. It's nice I skipped at least one issue...