1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disable RSA

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by Henrik Helmers, Nov 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Henrik Helmers

Henrik Helmers Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    I keep turning RSA off—as I find it distracting. But it turns itself on every time I start the car. (Or at least that’s my impression)

Is there a way to disable the function, so it no longer is active on startup?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what its rsa?

3. David9962000

David9962000 Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    You mean RTCA? Me too, way too much beeping. I have Carista, so it's permanent .

4. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Have you turned off the system using the settings display (Owner’s Manual (PDF), page 437)?
    Road sign assist. As Toyota explains in New Car Features (more info), “The system recognizes traffic signs using the forward recognition camera and provides information to the driver via the multi-information display and [on models that have it] headup display.”
    RCTA is rear cross (or in Europe, crossing) traffic alert, a different feature. RTCA is the Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics.

5. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL, Way too many acronyms.:ROFLMAO:

IIRC, North America version of PRIME up to 2020 model does not have Road sign assist. It is now implemented in 2021 year model PP with TSS2.0.

upload_2020-11-13_8-40-26.png

6. Henrik Helmers

Henrik Helmers Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    I should have made it clear what I was talking about, I will edit my original post. Edit: I see I can't edit my post. Hopefully the explanation in the thread is sufficient.
    First—thank you so much for that link. I only had my Norwegian paper copy. I am saving this in iBooks for future reference.

I am using the method mentioned to turn it off, but it keeps coming back. It is not the end of the world though. I was able to change some settings to be less chatty about new signs, and stop complaining if I exceeded the detected speed limit.