1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

disabling 2004 Prius alarm

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by infael, Jul 5, 2012.

1. infael

infael New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My Prius alarm keeps going off. Only way to turn off is to put fob in car and start. Is there a fuse I can pull or a wire I can cut? I don't have the $ to get the alarm fixed.

2. northwichita

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Do you have an alternate fob to use, this would check your alarm problem is not due to the alarm button sticking on your current one, happened to me. Check your current fob, but you may not see an obvious problem with it, and it's good to have a spare if you don't.

I do remember pulling up on the little alarm button on the fob to identify this was my problem, you could try that the next time the alarm goes off.

3. Avi's Advanced Automotive

Avi's Advanced Automotive Independent hybrid repair shop

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have seen several key fobs with the panic button ripped out in order to fix sticking buttons. If you don't have a sticking button, you might try using one key at a time while wrapping the other in aluminum foil to see if the problem is limited to one key.

4. infael

infael New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The panic button was sticking. Thanks all!