1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

disabling homelink with ignition?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by oil_burner, Mar 22, 2017.

1. oil_burner

oil_burner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I was wondering before I attempt to program my homelink button, is it disabled when the key is not present in the vehicle?

The reason I have not programmed the homelink in my 2006 honda is that it continues to function even when the vehicle is off and key is out of the ignition. This presents a huge security concern for me because I frequently park my vehicles on the driveway. My garage houses my motorcycles and tools which could be easily stolen. There has been a string of thefts in the area lately where thieves are doing exactly that, breaking into vehicles and using the remotes to open up garage doors/gain access to valuables. For that reason I am careful never to leave my garage door opener in my vehicles parked outside overnight.

I posted this in another forum but got a lot of smart alec responses along the lines of "just park your vehicle in the garage". This is not an option since half the garage is outfitted as a workshop and I have 2 vehicles. Is there a way to program the homelink so it only works when the SKS is present?

2. Formless

Formless New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Same concern of security here. The homelink garage opener button should be disable when no key is detected in the vehicle. Any solution? Is there another thread to discuss this issue?