1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disappointed in dealer fraud....mad at myself I guess

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by okiprius, Jul 8, 2012.

1. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I was very happy with the sales person we bought our camry hybrid xle 2012 new for under 27k and also our 2013 prius c2 for under 21k this was the out the door price with title and tags good for 4 years.

I will say the finance people on both occasions were very determined to get us to purchase extended warranty and I turned them down flat both times. :confused: If the car is unreliable then we will get rid of it long before the factory warranty expires.:cry: in the event of a major problem 10 years down the road. I will take my chances. the value of the warranty is less than it cost or they would not sell them!! that is how they make money:eek:

The way I feel about stealerships is the best policy is to buy your car then keep it away from them. So they can't mess it up. if your car is working properly dont go back there. Just go to jiffy lube or other oil change place. let them do that stuff and drive the wheels off it.:p

2. Jack Van Fossen

Jack Van Fossen New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Wow. I bought the Toyota extended warranty with my Prius C 2....now I'm wondering if I should go and read the fine print as well.

ztanos likes this.
  3. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I don't get all your situations, I've bought 2 C's now and the dealerships doesn't magically just produce a piece of blank paper for you to sign then they put whatever they want on it after they get your signature.

You're suppose to read everything before you sign it...or at least look at the pretty numbers that show you what the car's price is, the tax, document fees, amount of your down payment, amount per month of finance...and any extra stuff that you agree to buy.

the salesperson will try to sell you equipment options, the finance person will try to sell you warranties, nothing hard to it if you look at the pretty numbers before signing