1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disappointed in Prius ('08) waiting for '10

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Zack, May 31, 2008.

1. Potential Buyer

Potential Buyer New Member

I drive a Camry Hybrid bought in May 2006. It was a first-year model as they had just come out literally that month, and the car it was based on was also a first-year model since the latest-generation Camry had just come to market two months earlier.

My car has 50,000 miles on it and has been totally flawless. So even though the next Prius will be a new redesign, Toyota may have still got everything right. Of course it'll be using a new HSD unlike the Camry, but I'm sure they would have tested it thoroughly.

2. Zack

Zack New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    I am wondering will Toyota postpone release of new models because of overall slowdown with car sales? I read and see on the forum that there are dealers with lined up Priuses that don't sell.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    It would be more likely that the Mississippi plant and others might have delayed opening. I thought Toyota was going to build some Prius in China but I don't have any details.

I'm not too worried about an increase in Prius inventory. They will be more than out numbered by other vehicles. You might have to 'wade through the lot' to find the Prius.

Bob Wilson

4. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I hope they don't delay introducing the new Prius. I already put a deposit down and the wait is already killing me.

5. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Change the NUT behind the wheel and you can get over 60 mpg like I do most days. Even in the cold or summer heat with AC on.

Did you reset the mpg on every trip so you can see how you did and not just the all miles average which will barely change even if you do great or real bad ?

Did you drive at or below the speed LIMIT ?

Did you check short trips of 1 or 2 miles compared to longer 10 or 20 + miles ? On a short trip the system doesn't have time to warm up and shut off.

Did you learn to speed up fairly quickly then let off just a little to pop the CVT into the most efficient ratio ?

Did you check the air pressure in the tires (tyres) ?

Did you count the 8 times cleaner air since the prius ICE gas engine runs in the very lean atkins-cooper cycle even if it is running ? It beats any car on the market and compared to diesel soot and other pollution is way better for everyone.

The 2010 is 30% more efficient and will get better when it goes to plug-in and also lithium batteries. These are just the model T of prius hybrids and no one in the world is even close. Just imagine in 3 or 4 more generations where will could be. Invest in a cleaner future now , buy a prius. PS not I don't work for Toyota but maybe someday. ;)