1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disconnected battery, not pre-collision and other warning systems not working...

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by GRF819, Oct 30, 2022.

1. GRF819

GRF819 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    As I have done with previous Prius models, I disconnected the battery because I was going away for 2.5 months. When I returned, I hooked up the battery, which seemed fine, but the physical warning systems, like pre-collision system, do not work. I have checked to make sure they are on. Any guesses as to the problem? Thanks!

2. CooCooCaChoo

CooCooCaChoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Are they throwing error codes? If not, how did you determine that they are not working?

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just in case: check voltage of the 12 volt, with a digital multimeter, first thing on the morning. If practical, pop the hood the previous evening, or at least enter car from passenger side to pop hood (avoids waking up brake system, dropping volts slightly). Post reading; anything over 12.5 would be satisfactory I’d think, 12.7 or higher is tip top.

Mambo Dave likes this.
  4. Doug McC

Doug McC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Check your owner’s manual under “If 12 volt battery is discharged” (specifically “When removing 12 volt battery terminals”) and under “Items to initialize. In the 2022 manual these are found on pages 646, 648, and 697.