1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disconnecting Battery - First Project

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Trablink, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Trablink

Trablink New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hello All,

I'm a new Prius (2015 C one) owner and want to be able to get elbow deep in my car like I have in the past, although I'm not a mechanic. I'm about to do my first project - installing cruise control - which I feel very confident about except for one part... disconnecting the battery.

I'm still learning the electrical theory around this vehicle and want to make sure that, before I remove my airbag or anything else, I have fully disconnected power.

I have found videos on how to replace the basic battery, but nothing indicates where the safe location for temporary disconnection is located to ensure that ALL power is not running to the vehicle.

Could someone please share these details with me so I can be confident when I dive in?

Thanks in advance!
    -J

2. Trablink

Trablink New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Figured it out! Only the one battery to disconnect under the rear passenger seat.