1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discount Tire Free Replacement Certificates

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by The Critic, Mar 14, 2012.

1. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    For those who are considering the free tire replacement certificates from Discount Tire, America's Tire or Discount Tire Direct, this is something to take note of.

On both of my recent tire purchases at an America's Tire center, the salesperson offered these certificates with a new tire purchase. I rejected the offer, and he offered to sell me four certificates for the price of three. I declined again, and his final offer was four certificates for the price of two. At that price, I bought them. This happened on two separate visits, at two different locations in different parts of the state.

On my Discount Tire Direct purchase this week, I was again offered the certificates. I tried to push for the four certificates for the price of two deal, but the rep would not bite. The best he was willing to do was four for the price of three.

Regardless, if you are planning to purchase these certificates, the price is clearly negotiable. Whether or not you should purchase them though, is a different discussion that will greatly depend on the price and size of the tires.

Keep in mind that tire purchases from a retail America's Tire or Discount Tire location already include pro-rated road hazard. However, tires purchased from Discount Tire Direct do not include any form of road hazard warranty.

Hopefully this will save someone some money...

2. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the heads up.