1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discounted Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by marcovi, Nov 27, 2016.

1. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This post is for those that "want" an Official Toyota Extended Warranty...called VSA...so respect that please.
    Toyota Financial Services

Restrictions placed on interstate purchases of Toyota VSAs do/did not come from, nor are they enforced by Toyota Motor North America. Those restrictions were the result of grievances made by and agreements made between "some" Toyota Regions and "some" Dealership Block Owners...and are not applied uniformly...even within their own Region/s. It also somehow resulted in Toyota Financial Services no longer publishing MSRPs for said plans. Some of the "original" discounters most here are already aware of still provide and there are a few more that I know of. Do your searches...and make the phone calls weeks before closing on any deal if you want to save money.

For example...I just financed a new 2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited for the Wife using "my" Credit Union and wanted the 8yr/125k Platinum VSA ($0 deductable). My Dealership's Business Guy offered $2960 bottom price at closing. I explained and shared copies of 3 emailed offers from "Out of State" Dealerships (minus letterheads of course) for much less...and he dropped to $1800 instantly...which I passed on. They already know in the back you have spent to much time negotiating your best deal so when you come to them you are ready for pick-up...and an easy mark. After closing the deal I went to "my" Credit Union and they happily added $1405 to the loan amount for the 8yr/125k Platinum VSA with distribution to an "Out of State Toyota Dealership"...and "their" GAP insurance for 1/3 the price the Dealership's best price...for the same exact coverage. You have to jump through some hoops and use discretion, but it can be...and is still done...legally! Also...you have 3 years or 36,000 miles to buy the new car Toyota VSA in the US...and it's not taxable.

Moral of the story...It's your purchase, so "shop" for what you want. Your car, your color, your options, your extended warranty. Had I chosen to buy my Dealerships "revised" offer I would have saved $1160 on the spot. Buying "Out of State" I saved $1550. That's a lot of gas money.

Final Note. If your are in the Toyota Southeast Region, they want to sell you "their" Warranty...not the Official Toyota VSAs...so be careful.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/determining-your-region-for-toyota-deals

2. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    benagi, YPizza and Travis64 like this.