1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contracts

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanky1

Spanky1 Junior Member

Re: Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contr

I will be checking this out. Thanks to monitoring this site for a while I wasn't swindled yesterday when I picked up my Prius. The dealer gave me a price of $1850 and I just smiled. My wife was really PO'd when I didn't take it after he dropped $300. This car has saved me money already. The wife couldn't buy that new patio set she saw in the paper since I have no way of getting it home now that I traded in the truck. :lol:

Stan

2. smhendley

smhendley New Member

Hate to tell you this - we actually bought a patio set since we purchased the Prius. Without our old minivan, we had to take our two Toyotas (my Prius, my husband's Matrix), but we got everything into the two cars, and probably used less gas than we would have for the van, using two cars!!! (You may not want to share this post with your wife - depending on whether or not you like the patio set).

Mary

3. DHonzik

DHonzik Junior Member

Danny,

I'm soon to be a new Prius owner, schedule delivery date of 30 Sep 05. I am interested in the 7 yr/100,000 mile platinum $0 deductible extended warranty, is this still available? You can contact me at [email protected].

Daniel Honzik

4. Sean & Ian

Sean & Ian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Another satisfied customer here. I received the paperwork from Toyota Extra Care yesterday. Thank you, Troy!!!

5. Del_K

Del_K Junior Member

Thanks Troy!! My dealer wanted to charge me $1850 for the 7 year/100,000 mile warranty and he wouldn't budge from that number. Needless to say, I didn't buy his expensive warranty. I bought from Troy at $985. I'm glad that all dealers are not greedy.

6. Nos402

Nos402 Junior Member

DOH!

If only I'd come here BEFORE I bought my Prius. I think we paid $1450 for the 6yr/100,000. We just got it yesterday, so I guess I could call and cancel, but then I got to thinking...

Right now it's just part of our total car loan, I'm guessing if I bought it here it wouldn't just be tacked onto our loan but we'd just have to pay the $980 all at once?

Still tempting for that kind of savings.

7. popoff

popoff New Member

FWIW, think about cancelling the extended contract you purchased from the dealer. The interest you'll have to pay on that $1,450 for the 3-5 year term of your loan will be pretty stiff. You have 3 years or 36,000 miles before you need to buy the contract from Troy. Just put a few bucks aside every month in a "warranty fund" and buy it from Troy when you've saved up enough cash.

Just a suggestion.

8. disneydad

disneydad Junior Member

Troy's awsome

Another satisfied customer here. On a friday a few week ago. Troy stayed late while i and the kids drove 1.5 hrs to the dealership. because i'm a high milage driver he saved me money by recommending a take the cheaper 6y/100,000 mile plan. he didn't have to and i didn't think of it.....Thank you, Troy!!!

No tricks- no games. your awsome

Norm.- disneydad.

9. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

I want to thank Troy for his straighforward assistance. I was planning to wait a while before signing up for the extended warranty. However, it was sort of a burden to not have it done yet. Then someone posted reasons to go ahead now and I did. I guess I needed prodding, but I feel so much better with the process behind me. I received the paperwork yesterday. Thanks again to Troy for what he is doing for us.
    BTW, I cringe every time I see a post calling dealers names that won't seem to offer similar deals. Some of the comments seem fair, others not. I think of those who charge much higher fees simply as business men making business decisions. Troy has made his business decision and it works to all our advantage.

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DHonzik\";p=\"101581)</div>
    Daniel -

Please drop an email to warranty at priuschat.com with your daytime contact information. Troy, our warranty rep, will be in contact with you shortly thereafter.

It's great to hear the positive feedback continue to roll in!

11. howk

howk New Member

Hey all,

This is my first post here. We just put in a deposit with Gates Toyota in South Bend, Indiana on our first Prius (package #4). Though they had two in stock, they were both black, and we wanted any color but black...so, we'll be getting a green one at the end of next week.

At any rate, the point: these folks were great about the warranty, before I even found out about Troy. We were in a position to pay for the car with no financing, since we had just sold a home. For whatever reason, the financing guy told us that he'd sell us the 7 yr/100,000 mile $0 deductible warranty for $972! (I would have though, since they weren't gonna' get any financing money, they'd charge more...)

This was by far the easiest car shopping we've ever done...we highly recommend the folks at Gates.

12. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

I was perusing the list of "covered components" on the Toyota website, and I didn't see some of the parts listed that I expected to see for a hybrid.

Do I just not know the right names for these parts? Specifically, I'm looking for things that are Prius-specific parts, and I thought most of them should have been under "Electrical"?

I know that our battery units are already covered for 100k miles, but I was also concerned about all the parts that deal with recharging it and switching back and forth between the ICE and the electric motor...?

Any comments?

-Vikki

13. popoff

popoff New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(howk\";p=\"102534)</div>
    Welcome to our World!

Pardon my cynicism, but are you sure you are buying the genuine Toyota Financial Services Platinum warranty or could he be quoting you on the extended warranty offered by the dealer and underwritten by a 3rd party?

Some dealers will offer their own "private label" product and only offer the Toyota product if pushed.

14. saechaka

saechaka Member

I've driven 22,000 miles in about 6 months. I figure I will drive about 35,000 miles a year as my driving will slow down in the summer b/c of my job. Is it worth it to buy the extended warranty, b/c in 2-3 yrs it will expire? Thanks for any input.

15. Wazikan

Wazikan New Member

Hi all
    I'm hopefully picking up a prius in Santa Fe on Fri/Sat and I was told by that dealer that I could not buy the extended warranty once the car had been driven off the lot - it was at signing or never unlike all other Toyotas. The price he told me was 1150 for 6 yrs 100000miles so I'm very interested in the lower price.
    Is he misleading me about being able to extend the warranty later?

16. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wazikan\";p=\"102826)</div>
    Yes.

You can buy the extended care coverage at any time before the original factory 3/36,000 warranty expires.

17. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

Forget the dealer's warranty. Just say no with no explanation and buy Troy's on this site. It is the best warranty at the best price. It is a Toyota Warranty for 7 years/100,000 miles with zero deductible for $985.

18. howk

howk New Member

Just a quick follow-up: we just picked up the car today, and we paid $972 for the official Platinum Toyota Financial Services warranty (7 yrs/100,000 miles/$0 deductible).

Thanks, Gates Toyota in South Bend, IN!

19. mehrenst

mehrenst Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II

I decided I wanted to get the Pre-paid Maintenance Plan. Called Troy, sent the information/check and it took 10 days to receive my confirmation letter from Troy. :D

A good guy to deal with. Very professional. I will be getting the Extended Warrenty through Troy in the near future.

20. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

I didn't know Troy had a pre-paid maintenance plan. How does that work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.